Capitol: Donald Trump bans tweets charged with inciting abuse

0

Three tweets were deleted by outgoing President Donald Trump on Wednesday night, accusing him of “inciting violence” on Capitol Hill following the deaths of four people.

For the first time, Twitter suspended Donald Trump’s account, asking him to delete tweets that excused violence while threatening him from the site with “permanent suspension”

The platform also deleted the retweet, like and respond functions for a video prior to his suspension in which Donald Trump confronted his supporters who had fought with police in Washington DC and forced the US Capitol to lock down.

The president told demonstrators in the video that they “need to go home now,” adding, “We don’t want anyone to get hurt,” but he also said that “this was a fraudulent election.”

“As a result of the unprecedented and ongoing violent situation in Washington, DC, we have required the removal of three @realDonaldTrump tweets posted earlier today for repeated and serious violations of our Civic Integrity policy,” Twitter security wrote.

This means that after these tweets are deleted, @realDonaldTrump’s account will be suspended for 12 hours. If the tweets are not removed, the account will stay suspended.

Future breaches of Twitter regulations, including our policy of civil dignity or violent attacks, will lead to the permanent suspension of @realDonaldTrump.
The Account.

“This claim of election fraud is controversial and this tweet cannot be replied to, retweeted or liked due to a risk of violence.”This claim of election fraud is controversial and because of the risk of violence, this tweet can not be answered, retweeted or liked.

In less than an hour, Mr. Trump’s video, which has since been removed, was watched more than 10 million times on Twitter.

When tweets are no longer viewable, there are two distinct banners added to tweets – one when Twitter is covering the message and the other when the user has deleted it.

Three of Mr. Trump’s earlier tweets now read, “This tweet is no longer available because it violated Twitter rules” – indicating the president made the decision to remove his earlier posts.

This is an emergency situation and we are taking necessary emergency measures, including the removal of the video of President Trump. We removed it because we conclude, on balance, that it contributes rather than minimizing the likelihood of continued abuse.

– Guy Rosen (@guyro) 6 January 2021

Meanwhile, Facebook’s vice president of honesty, Guy Rosen, tweeted that the video of Mr. Trump had been fully removed from their website.

This is a state of emergency and we are taking appropriate emergency measures, including deleting the video of President Trump,”This is an emergency situation and we are taking appropriate emergency action, including removing President Trump’s video,”

“We removed it because overall we believe it increases rather than decreases the risk of continued violence.”

Share.

Leave A Reply