Press "Enter" to skip to content

Teenage Chilli’s hostess says a group of 11 women attacked her

A 17-year-old hostess shared horrific images of the injuries she sustained after she was allegedly attacked by more than 11 women at a Louisiana Chili’s. 

Kelsy Wallace, a former hostess at the Chili’s on Constitution Avenue in Baton Rouge, had been working on August 9 when she was brutally attacked by the mob. 

‘I couldn’t believe, like over two for 25s, and three for 10s, I got attacked,’ she said to WAFB. 

Chili’s has a policy where large groups aren’t allowed to sit together in their restaurants. 

‘My general manager and my other managers tell us we cannot sit a table bigger than six because of the corona[virus]. We are supposed to separate them,’ said Wallace. 

But as the straight A student tried to explain the chain’s policy to the group, they immediately became agitated with her. 

‘And they got upset, so the first thing I did was go get my manager,’ said Wallace, a student at Broadmoor Senior High School. 

Wallace retrieved her manager and stood behind them as the party began hurling insults at her. 

As she shouted word back at them, she says they then made the first move.  

The teen said: ‘But then one girl come and she just hit me; we just started fighting. And all everybody who they was with just started hitting me, and the lady who pushed me first, she takes the wet floor sign, cocks back, and hits me with it in my eye.’

By the time the Baton Rouge Police Department arrived to the scene, all of the women had already fled the scene in their cars.

Wallace had to get stitches above her eye and also had hair pulled from her scalp. The teen also suffered a few broken nails. 

The girl’s grandmother is shook by the entire ordeal.  

‘I couldn’t believe they would do or act like that, and then I mean, grown women, to fight a 17-year-old child at her job, who’s trying to work to get her graduation things together so she can go off to college,’ said Lorrain Byrd, Wallace’s grandmother. 

Wallace, who started in June, shared that she was just trying to do her job.  

‘I was just trying to follow the rules and make sure that I wasn’t going to get in trouble,’ she said. ‘Like this is just overwhelming. I just cannot believe that this happened to me of all people.’

She has no intention on returning back to the restaurant. 

A representative from Chili’s released a statement about the ordeal. 

Wallace will head back to school soon, but says she will not return to the Chili’s. 

‘We care deeply for every ChiliHead and are disappointed by the incident that took place at our Baton Rouge Chili’s on August 9. We do not tolerate violent behavior in our restaurants, and are taking this incident very seriously as the safety and health of our Team Members and Guests is our top priority,’ the statement read. 

‘Following this unprovoked attack, we immediately provided medical attention to our Team Member and called the local police department who is looking into this situation. We have made several attempts to contact the impacted Team Member and her family since the incident to provide support, but unfortunately have not received any response.’

A GoFundMe has been made for the teen, who is studying to be an EMT. 

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *