Death of Nora Quoirin: Malaysia’s coroner rules out the presence of others


In 2019, a 15-year-old went missing overnight while on holiday with her family in Malaysia

An inquiry into the death of Nora Anne Quoirin, the London teenager whose body was discovered in a Malaysian jungle, ruled that no third party was involved and that she possibly died from misadventure. On Monday, the coroner, Maimoonah Aid, ruled out murder, natural death and suicide, claiming that the French-Irish 15-year-old was probably lost after leaving the holiday home of her family on her own. She told a court in the city of Seremban, “Having heard all the relevant evidence, I decide that no one was involved in the death of Nora Anne,” she told a court in the city of Seremban. Nora Quoirin Inquest: father says teenager had no instinct for survivalContinue reading “It is more likely than not that she died by misadventure. “Maimoonah said that before the disappearance there were no suspicious circumstances, no ransom note and no signs of misadventure. The parents of Nora followed the verdict from their London home, but did not comment immediately. In August 2019, Nora, from Balham, went missing overnight while on a family vacation at a resort in Seremban, south of Kuala Lumpur.

She slept with her brother and sister in the bedroom, but when the family woke up one morning, they realized that she was gone.

She was barefoot and was still wearing panties.

“no further action required.”no evidence

Meabh and Sebastien Quoirin constantly stressed that Nora’s running away alone would have been totally out of character. Her parents spoke of Nora having a neurological disorder, which meant that walking that far would have been hard for her. Nora, who was 15, was born with holoprosencephaly, which impaired both her mobility and her balance, and was described as frail by her family. A video of Meabh calling out the nickname of her daughter – Nora Bean – was played in the jungle during the search operation because her parents feared she would not respond to the call of a stranger. Her mother told the court that she doubted Nora, who weighed 30 kilograms, would have been strong enough to open the window of the chalet and climb out. Her parents had repeatedly suggested at the time of Nora’s disappearance that they suspected she had been kidnapped, but police continued to treat the incident as a case of a missing person. Meabh said she worried that substantial evidence had been lost because the police were too slow to examine the likelihood of a criminal aspect and identified the response problems. The officer sent a statement from her that she had trouble communicating in English, she said, while some police officers were “quite rude and arrogant. ” The night their daughter vanished, both parents said they heard muffled whispers in the family chalet. Haanim Bamadhaj, the owner of the resort, told the inquiry that a window in the chalet had been damaged and could be opened from the outside. In the investigation, fifty witnesses testified, including a British pathologist who performed a second autopsy on the body of Nora. He did not challenge the findings of the autopsy carried out in Malaysia, but said that the risk of sexual assault based on the state of her remains could not be entirely excluded.


Leave A Reply