Wetherspoons was evacuated in a dramatic fashion after a bomb squad was dispatched to a’suspicious item in the toilet.’


Wetherspoons was evacuated in a dramatic fashion after a bomb squad was dispatched to a’suspicious item in the toilet.’

Army bomb squad experts sent two robots into a busy County Durham pub to investigate a suspicious package left in one of the chain pub’s toilets, evacuating patrons.

Customers of Wetherspoons were evacuated from their establishment after bomb squad experts were dispatched in response to reports of a “suspicious package.”

After the suspicious item was discovered in a toilet, armed police were dispatched to The Hat and Feathers pub in Seaham, County Durham.

On Friday night, shortly before 9 p.m., police cordoned off the entire Church Street, evacuating residents and businesses.

Police officers quickly fenced off the street using barriers left over from a previous Christmas light switch-on event in town.

Two specialist bomb disposal robots were used by an Army bomb squad to inspect the item to see if it posed a threat.

Customers claimed they were asked to leave abruptly before officers arrived and shut down the street.

Trains were cancelled at nearby Seaham railway station due to reports of an “obstruction” on the tracks, adding to the confusion.

It’s unclear whether the two incidents are connected at this time.

The bomb scare was safely resolved early this morning, according to Chronicle Live.

“The cordon on Church Street has now been lifted,” Durham Constabulary said on Twitter at 4:42 a.m.

Residents have been very patient with us.

“An investigation will be conducted, but preliminary findings indicate that the item did not pose a public safety risk.”

“If you have any information, please contact us with reference number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“No. 439, November 19,” says the author.

Sign up for one of our newsletters to stay up to date on all the latest news.

The second incident was also mentioned in a statement issued by North East Ambulance Service.

“We were called to two incidents in Seaham tonight,” a spokesperson said.

“We were called to a railway line incident at 20:16.”

Four Hazardous Area Response Teams, as well as an officer and an ambulance, were dispatched.

“We were ordered to leave the scene.

“At 21:17, we were dispatched to a second police incident in the Seaham area.”

A number of resources are still on the scene.

We haven’t found any evidence of a link between the incidents.”


Comments are closed.