Press "Enter" to skip to content

Neymar and Mbappe will NEVER leave PSG, claims chief Nasser Al-Khelaifi in transfer blow to Barcelona and Real Madrid

NEYMAR and Kylian Mbappe will NEVER leave Paris Saint-Germain, according to club chief Nasser Al-Khelaifi.

The star pair helped PSG mount an unbelievable late comeback to stun this season’s surprise package Atalanta 2-1 in the Champions League quarter-finals on Wednesday night.

The French side scored two goals in injury time as strikes from Marquinhos and Stoke flop Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting secured their place in the last four.

Over 200 fans celebrated the stunning victory back in Paris by letting off flares and chanting in the streets as their team reached the semi-finals for the first time in 25 years.

And club president Al-Khelaifi was asked about the future of his two most prominent players after the game.

He told RMC Sport: “Ney[mar], with Kylian [Mbappe], is one of the best players in the world.

“He’s in the top three.

“Neymar was the man of the match, he was great.

“He and Kylian will never leave.

“They’ll stay with PSG.”

The news will come as a massive blow to Spanish El Clasico giants Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Neymar joined PSG for a world record £198million in 2017 but has been consistently linked with a return to the Nou Camp ever since.

Previous reports suggested the Catalan giants were not hiding the fact they would welcome a return for the Brazilian, who is contracted in Paris until June 2022.

The player himself even reportedly told pals he wanted a return to Catalonia this summer after hopefully winning the Champions League.

But Barca have been hit hard by the financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

And president Josep Bartomeu poured cold water on the prospect of breaking the bank to lure the 28-year-old back to Spain.

He told BeIN Sports: “The financial situation isn’t good. We don’t expect to complete any expensive transfers.

“And not just us, any side in football. Especially the big teams.”

Barca’s arch rivals Real Madrid were also linked with a shock move for Neymar with president Florentino Perez apparently dreaming of a move.

But Los Blancos have been more regularly rumoured to secure a deal for French World Cup winner Mbappe.

The 21-year-old’s contract runs until the end of the 2021-22 season but Madrid were confident of forcing a sale next summer.

Mbappe grew up with posters of Cristiano Ronaldo playing for the Galacticos on his wall.

But last month confirmed he would remain at the Parc des Princes for at least another season.

Mbappe, who joined in 2017 from Monaco, said: “I just have to say that I’m here, I’m in the project for a fourth year.

“For everyone, the directors, the supporters. I’m going to keep going, no matter what.

“I want to help the team win trophies and be the best in the world.”

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *