Dortmund director Michael Zorc said he is hoping Jadon Sancho will remain with the club in the coming season, calling him ‘an outstanding footballer’ as reported interest from Manchester United continues to grow.
The English winger is said to be the No 1 priority for United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer this summer, but the Bundesliga side are set to hold out for an eye-watering sum to part ways with him.
Sancho has been given a price tag in the region of £110million, which could scupper any deal for the Red Devils, especially given the difficult financial climate. And Zorc insisted it was important to ‘stick to the facts’ with Sancho still having two years on his contract.
‘Jadon is an outstanding footballer with a quota that I have never seen at this age,’ he said, as reported by Goal.
‘I think it would even stand up to being one of the largest in the industry if you look at his age. I would be happy if he would still play with us this season. And that’s the current state of affairs.
‘First of all we have to stick to the facts – and they are so, that we still have a contract with him until 2022.’
Last week reports claimed United were cooling their interest in Aston Villa star Jack Grealish and putting all their efforts into securing Sancho, with Dortmund keen to set a deadline of August 10 for any transfer to be arranged.
The club are already beginning preparations for next season with pre-season looming and manager Lucien Favre will want to ensure all his players are focused.
United have a number of targets lined up in case the Sancho deal falls through, with Bayern Munich winger Kingsley Coman said to be of interest in a possible loan swoop.
Sancho has enjoyed another stellar season with Dortmund in 2019-20, scoring 20 goals for the team and providing 18 assists for his team-mates.