Paul Pogba may get his dream transfer away from Manchester United… but could be made to wait 12 months.
The France midfielder wants to leave Old Trafford to join either Real Madrid or Juventus but no deal appears to be close.
Both clubs are restricted financially this summer, with Real having already splashed out £130million to sign Eden Hazard from Chelsea, while Juve are still feeling the effects of last year’s £99m move for Cristiano Ronaldo, who is said to be on around £75m a year in wages.
According to The Sun, United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will ask Pogba to pledge to one more season in Manchester, with the incentive of letting him go in 12 months.
The proposal is claimed to have the backing of several United bigwigs.
Real and Juve will both likely be in stronger positions to recruit Pogba next summer.
And Solskjaer reportedly hopes that a good season from the 26-year-old would increase the player’s value and help United collect their £120m asking price in full.
Pogba’s agent, Mino Raiola, insisted on Tuesday that the former Juve ace has ‘done nothing wrong’ in his attempts to leave.
Raiola believes Pogba is acting professionally, and questioned United for not giving him more protection from outside criticism.
‘The player has done nothing wrong, he has been respectful and professional in every way,’ said Raiola.
‘The club knows his feeling for a long time, it is a shame other people only like to criticise without the right information and I’m also sorry that the club does not take any position against this.
‘Hopefully there will soon be a satisfying solution for all parties.’