Borussia Dortmund players believe that Jadon Sancho is staying at the Bundesliga for another season, according to reports.
The England international is being chased by Manchester United, who missed the August 10 deadline to strike a deal with Dortmund to get a deal over the line.
The Premier League club are still keen on getting a deal for Sancho over the line before the October deadline day, with Dortmund open to accepting a bid around £108million for the player if United can muster up the funds.
But according to the Telegraph, Sancho’s team-mates at Dortmund are convinced that the player will remain in Germany for the coming season.
The report says Dortmund coach Lucien Favre has been using Sancho in a front-three partnership with Erling Haaland and Thorgan Hazard during regular intense training drills during pre-season.
Sancho is one of Dortmund’s key men, having scored 17 goals in 16 assists in the German top-flight for last year’s runners-up.
Dortmund goalkeeper Roman Burki claims that Sancho has not seemed out of sorts despite the intense speculation about his future.
Burki told German news outlet Kicker this week: ‘I don’t believe Jadon is sad that he will continue with Borussia Dortmund.
‘He comes to training with a smile on his face and is happy to be with us.
‘Jadon is still a top player next year. Time is not running out for him. Besides, he has developed as a personality.
‘I am not aware of any current events that give cause for criticism. Jadon hasn’t done anything wrong in two and a half weeks of pre-season so far.’
The 2020-21 German Bundesliga season begins on September 18 this season, with the transfer window closing on October 5.