Press "Enter" to skip to content

Gonzalo Higuain will leave Juventus, Andrea Pirlo confirms

Andrea Pirlo has confirmed Gonzalo Higuain will be moved on by Juventus this summer, after telling the striker he is not part of his plans. 

The 41-year-old, who was unveiled as Maurizio Sarri’s replacement earlier this month, took charge of his first training session on Monday as he prepares for his first season in management. 

The former World Cup winner has plenty of decisions to make regarding the futures of certain players, with the likes of Aaron Ramsey not guaranteed a role at the club after a difficult first season in Turin.

However, one issue that has been resolved is that regarding Higuain, with the club now actively looking for potential suitors. 

‘I’ve spoken to Gonzalo [Higuain],’ Pirlo told reporters. ‘He’s a world class player but we’ve decided it’s time for us to go our separate ways. All things come to an end. 

‘We looked each other in the eyes and decided this was the decision to take.’

One player who will be staying put his Paulo Dybala. 

The Argentine was the subject of serious interest from Tottenham last summer, but his new manager insists there will be no chance of Spurs resurrecting a deal this time around. 

‘Dybalais an important player just like the rest,’ he said.  ‘He’s never been put on the transfer market and once he returns he wil be part of this project.’

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *