Danny Ings caused the loss of Liverpool FC at Southampton


With his early goal in a 1-0 victory over Liverpool FC, Southampton FC striker Danny Ings put an end to the title hopes of his former club. There were less than two minutes on the clock when Ings scored with a lob over goalkeeper Alisson to give the Saints the lead – his first goal since December 16.

Since their 7-0 victory over Crystal Palace on December 19, the Reds have struggled for form. There were draws at home against West Brom and at Newcastle previous to the loss in Hampshire. In the #PL pic.twitter.com/zFQLwTMtqg- Southampton FC (@SouthamptonFC) January 4, 2021 @IngsDanny’s fastest-ever goal in the #PL pic.twitter.com/zFQLwTMtqg- Southampton FC (@SouthamptonFC) January 4, 2021 While the champions are top of the Premier League table on goal difference, the men of Jurgen Klopp missed the chance to pull three points away from rivals Manchester United, who now have another game in hand. For the Saints, it was their first victory since beating Sheffield United 3-0 on December 13 and the first time they took points off Liverpool under Ralph Hasenhuttl, having lost the previous six meetings between the two teams. @IngsDanny’s #PL aims And what a way to hit the landmark! #SOULIV | @SouthamptonFC pic.twitter.com/mxizSFA3Tf- Premier League (@premierleague) January 4, 2021 After Thiago Alcantara missed an early free-kick upon his return to the starting line-up, his side got off to the perfect start. In a provisional Liverpool defense that Klopp played in center back for the 10th time in 17 competitive games this season, the striker benefited from a lapse in focus by the normally reliable Trent Alexander-Arnold. As Sadio Mane circled the ball towards goal, it took until the 33rd minute before Liverpool had the first chance of the game worth noting, but his attempt went over the wall. 34 ‘- Perfect ball from Thiago to Mane. Sadio moves inside, but his shot goes over the bar from 20 yards.[1-0]#SOULIV pic.twitter.com/O0hRxyIEs5-Liverpool FC (@LFC) January 4, 2021Liverpool attempted to push the home side after the goal, finding space in and around the penalty area with Mohamed Salah. Despite 62% ownership in the first half, however, the visitors were unable to turn it into simple opportunities, frequently resorting to long balls out of safety. In the second half, there was a penalty when Georginio Wijnaldum’s shot struck Jack Stephens’ arm. The VAR took a look but did not reverse the decision of the referee on the field and play began. Quite interesting.#PL pic.twitter.com/vGXNv6SLDn- Premier League (@premierleague) January 4, 2021Sadio Mane also went down in the box just before the hour mark when Kyle Walker-Peters challenged him – but Andre Marriner again allowed play to proceed and the VAR did not take a second look at the incident. The first shot on target came in the 75th minute when Mane was released in the box, amid Liverpool’s pressure, but his shot was too poor and Fraser Forster was able to intercept it, making his first appearance since December 2017 because regular goalkeeper Alex McCarthy tested positive for the corona virus. In the 84th minute, Southampton almost doubled their advantage, but Alisson was given a late reprieve when he was beaten from a 30-yard free kick by substitute Yan Valery, but substitute center-back Jordan Henderson was able to clear.


Leave A Reply