Press "Enter" to skip to content

Chelsea transfer blow as Juventus pull out of Jorginho pursuit after Sarri sacking and turn to Brescia ace Tonali

JUVENTUS are no longer interested in Chelsea midfielder Jorginho, according to reports.

The Serie A champions were keen on bringing the 28-year-old in but having sacked former Blues boss Maurizio Sarri, they have switched their attention to Brescia star Sandro Tonali.

Juve shocked the football world by sacking Sarri and replacing him with iconic yet inexperienced star Andrea Pirlo on Saturday.

And Sarri’s departure has signalled the end of Juve’s pursuit of Italian international Jorginho, according to TuttoSport.

Pirlo instead has reportedly made Manchester United target Sandro Tonali his No1 priority.

Brazilian-born Jorginho still made 31 Premier League appearances for Frank Lampard this season but the Blues are said to be “willing to listen to offers”.

Tonali – dubbed the new Pirlo in his homeland for both his playing and hairstyle – has caught the eye of a number of major European sides this season.

The Red Devils were just one of those teams interested in landing the talented 20-year-old.

Tonali broke into the Brescia first team in the 2017-18 season and played a pivotal role in his side’s promotion to Serie A in the 18/19 campaign.

And he has continued to shine at a higher level, becoming an integral figure this season with 34 Serie A appearances.

An Old Trafford source recently told SunSport: “We have known about Tonali for 18 months but our Italian scouts say he has gone to the next level and United need to get involved – he could be a generational talent.”

The youngster is already a full Italy international having earned three caps last year.

Brescia’s club president Massimo Cellino had hoped to keep him at the club but may be forced to concede defeat.

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *