After suffering a horrific cut, Team GB super-heavyweight Frazer Clarke’s fight was called off.


After suffering a horrific cut, Team GB super-heavyweight Frazer Clarke’s fight was called off.

The Olympic Games are finished for Frazer Clarke, who won a bronze medal in the super-heavyweight division in Tokyo.

Fraser Clarke, a Team GB boxing icon, lost in the super-heavyweight semi-final on Wednesday morning in Tokyo. Bakhodir Jalolov of Uzbekistan advanced to the final despite a nasty gash above his right eye in the quarter-final, which reopened in the semi-final.

The referee called the bout off during the last round on Wednesday morning, taking Clarke’s chances of winning gold out of his hands.

The Team GB hero, who also served as the boxing team’s captain, was held in high regard going into the games, and he did not disappoint.

The 29-year-old came into the battle fresh off a disputed victory over Mourad Aliev, but he was left with a terrible cut as a result.

And it was because of the cut that he was forced to quit from the semi-final in the final round, earning Clarke a bronze medal.

Clarke got off to a poor start, and he seemed content to remain on the back foot.

Jalolov became aware of Clarke’s strategy and began marching down the bigger guy, pushing him into the corner.

Despite the fact that he didn’t land anything particularly noteworthy, Jalolov was active enough to impress the judges before Clarke caught him late in the round.

In the second round, Clarke began to come into his own in the battle, pursuing the Uzbekistan fighter around the ring and striking him with several hard punches.

During the second, Clarke caught his opponent with a solid right hand, forcing the referee to intervene and give Jalolov a standing count.

Despite this, Jalolov was still ahead on the judges’ scorecards as the fight entered its final three minutes.

Clarke was fortunate to stay in the battle until halfway through the final round when the cut he opened up in the quarter-final reopened.

But his battle was called off minutes later, and Clarke was forced to accept the fact that he would not be able to compete for gold.

Clarke, on the other hand, stated that he was pleased to have competed in Tokyo and to have earned bronze.

“It’s not the fairytale I was hoping for, but I’m proud of myself; I put in a lot of effort,” he remarked.

“I made more sacrifices in the last six months of my life than I have in the last 18 years.”Brinkwire Summary News”.


Comments are closed.