Press "Enter" to skip to content

The selfless act of girlfriend who was allegedly shot dead by her boyfriend’s estranged father 

The girlfriend who was allegedly shot dead next to her boyfriend has been remembered as a selfless teenager who donated her hair to cancer victims.  

Before she was gunned down in an alleged double murder at a rural farm in southeast South Australia, Chelsea Ireland lived her life putting others before herself.

But that life was tragically taken away when she was killed alongside her boyfriend Lukaz Kłosowski, both 19, in Mount McIntyre about 11.30pm on Saturday. 

When she was just 15 years old, Chelsea watched a YouTube video that inspired her to donate her waist-length brown locks to cancer patients, Adelaide Now reports.

The hair, along with a donation of $1,000, was given to the Royal Adelaide Hospital’s wig recycling and loan service in 2015 and went on to be a wig for a cancer patient.

She went on to volunteer at Puddle Jumpers Incorporated, caring for vulnerable children and young people.  

Puddle Jumpers issued a statement following the tragic shooting, saying it was saddened by the news Chelsea’s life was cut short.

‘Chelsea, a beautiful kind-hearted volunteer, you will be very much missed by all,’ the statement said.

‘We can’t begin to imagine how this must be rocking the entire worlds of their families and close friends. You are all in our thoughts and prayers, sending you so much love.’ 

Chelsea’s heartbroken family are still trying to come to terms with the teenager’s death.

‘Two beautiful young kids taken too early in really unfortunate circumstances,’ her father Greg Ireland said in a statement. 

Loving tributes have been made for the couple on social media with many calling Chelsea a ‘passionate and friendly’ girl. 

‘I am completely heartbroken among so many others for the loss of Chelsea and (Lukasz),’ one friend wrote.

‘It feels impossible to find words to express how much you both made an impact on people’s lives. RIP Chelsea Ireland, and Lukasz Klosowski.’

Another person commented: ‘She definitely was going to have a bright future. How devastating.’  

‘I don’t know what to say other than you beautiful souls will be loved and missed so so much,’ another friend wrote on Facebook.

‘I feel so blessed to have been part of your lives. Chelsea, I want to thank you for our friendship. I am so grateful for the many amazing memories we have shared and will cherish them forever.’

Chelsea and Lukasz dated for several years and had travelled the world together, exploring his Polish heritage.

They attended different Adelaide high schools – Lukasz at Christian Brothers College and Chelsea at St Mary’s College.

Christian Brothers College issued a statement for Lukasz saying it was devastated ‘to learn of the tragic passing of an old scholar’.

‘Students from the class of 2018 have rallied together to support each other as they grieve over the loss of their “brother”,’ it said.

‘Our thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends.’

Meanwhile St Mary’s College remembered Chelsea for being a bright young student.

‘The staff community remembers Chelsea as a bright and engaged young woman who was connected with her community and embraced all elements of school life,’ a statement from the school said. 

Lukasz was studying journalism at the University of South Australia while working at KFC, a job he and his friends made numerous jokes about.

His girlfriend was enrolled in mechanical engineering at Adelaide University and working at Baker’s Delight. 

The nearby village of Kalangadoo is also in shock and the local pub closed on Sunday after locals heard the news. 

Inspector Campbell Hill said forensics officers and major crimes detectives flew in from Adelaide to investigate the shooting. 

‘People that know either the deceased or the accused in this particular matter, we would urge them to call police.’

A 46-year-old man was arrested without incident at the house in Mount McIntyre and charged with two counts of murder. 

He faced Mount Gambier Magistrates’ Court on Monday afternoon when a suppression order was granted for 72 hours to protect the identity of his stepchildren.

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *