Scrap metal blaze blankets Brisbane

Firefighters have worked throughout the night to contain an industrial blaze in Brisbane’s southwest. 

The inferno broke out in a scrap metal yard in Wacol yesterday and has now reportedly been contained to a small area.

The plumes of smoke prompted the Queensland Fire and Emergency Services to advise people to close their windows and doors.

The inferno broke out at a scrap metal yard in Wacol yesterday.

The inferno broke out at a scrap metal yard in Wacol yesterday.

The plumes of smoke prompted Queensland Fire and Emergency Services to warn residents to close all windows and doors.

The plumes of smoke prompted Queensland Fire and Emergency Services to warn residents to close all windows and doors.

An exploding lithium battery is believed to be the cause of the fire.

An exploding lithium battery is believed to be the cause of the fire.

An exploding lithium battery is believed to be the cause of the fire.

© Nine Digital Pty Ltd 2018

loading...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *