Sarah Ferguson is ‘expected to be called as a witness’ in the sex assault lawsuit against Prince Andrew.

0

Sarah Ferguson is ‘expected to be called as a witness’ in the sex assault lawsuit against Prince Andrew.

According to sources, if Prince Andrew’s sexual assault claim is not dismissed, SARAH Ferguson will be subpoenaed.

Virginia Giuffre is suing the Duke of York for damages after alleging that he sexually attacked her when she was under the age of 18. He categorically denies the accusations.

They are part of a civil lawsuit being filed in the United States.

Andrew’s family members and aides may have to testify if the case continues to the discovery pre-trial stage.

During his BBC Newsnight interview, the Duke stated that while Sarah was away, he took his daughter to Pizza Express in Woking on the night Ms Giuffre said they were in London.

According to the Sunday Telegraph, courtiers fear the Duchess may be subpoenaed because her movements are part of Andrew’s alibi.

“They’re going to ask for a kitchen sink,” Bradley Simon, a former federal prosecutor in New York who now works as a defence attorney specializing in complex civil litigation, told the newspaper.

“They’ll go over everything of your communications, phone logs, emails, and journals.”

“The folks who were with him will be pursued.” It’s going to be a free-for-all.” Ms Giuffre has filed a lawsuit against the Queen’s son, alleging that he sexually assaulted her when she was a teenager.

She alleges she was trafficked to have sex with Andrew by Jeffrey Epstein while she was 17 and a minor under US law.

Ms Giuffre is seeking specific damages, but the amount could be in the millions of dollars, according to reports.

All of the charges have been refuted by the Duke.

Andrew’s legal team is fighting to have the case dismissed.

Ms Giuffre had previously engaged into a “settlement agreement” with Epstein in 2009, according to Duke’s Los Angeles-based lawyer Andrew Brettler, which would negate her complaint.

On September 21, the Duke got court papers in connection with a sexual assault claim, according to reports.

During the first pre-trial hearing of the civil action in New York, the subject of whether Andrew had been notified about the case – known as service of proceedings – was argued.

The Duke has until the 29th of October to respond.

Share.

Comments are closed.