PRINCE Harry did NOT say “what the hell is going on” to the Queen as Omid Scobie’s claims were today branded “ridiculous”.
The Duke of Sussex reportedly stepped in during a dispute over the tiara Meghan Markle was going to wear for their wedding day – complaining not enough was being done to set up a hair trial with the jewels.
⚠️ Read our Meghan and Harry blog for the latest news on the Royal couple.
Biography Finding Freedom, which has listed a string of explosive behind-the-scenes claims as it charts Meghan and Harry’s decision to quit the Royal Family, alleged the 35-year-old prince was “fed up” that the Queen’s dresser Angela Kelly had not set up a time for the trial with Queen Mary’s Diamond Bandeau.
And author Omid Scobie claimed in an interview: “Harry had to intervene.
“He called his grandmother and said, ‘I don’t know what the hell is going on. But this woman needs to make this work for my future wife’.”
But a source today told the Telegraph the suggestion that Harry “yelled” at his grandmother the Queen was “totally untrue”.
They added: “The suggestion the Duke ‘yelled’ at his grandmother is totally untrue, and completely ridiculous, as is the suggestion that he said ‘what the hell’.”
It’s the first time that a source from the Sussexes has refuted claims of the biography’s author.
While Meghan and Harry have denied being sources of the book, the author’s notes revealed that “when appropriate, the couple themselves” had been spoken to.
The book had further claimed Harry was convinced that some in the Palace’s “old guard” didn’t like his future wife and that they would “stop at nothing to make her life difficult”.
It was further alleged Harry thought Angela Kelly, who has worked for the Queen since 1993, was “purposefully ignoring” Meghan to try on her tiara for her hair trial for the big day.
It added there was a “heated exchange” between the pair.
Scobie has conducted a series of interviews after the explosive biography was released, yesterday detailing how the couple’s relationship with Prince William and Kate Middleton struggled.
Tensions were inflamed because Meghan accused Kate of not supporting her in the “dark days” of her pregnancy.
Additionally, Prince William was furious with Harry and Meghan for “damaging the Royal Family’s reputation” by posting their Megxit plan online.
In a new interview to be broadcast around the world on True Royalty TV, Mr Scobie told presenter Kate Thornton of the silence between the brothers since Megxit.
He said: “The brothers had not spoken since around the time of the Sandringham summit. They hadn’t seen each other. That’s really going to take some time to heal.”
Mr Scobie also claimed the decision by Harry and Meghan to release their statement about quitting the Royal Family before discussing it with Kate and William had caused hurt.
He said: “The statements weren’t discussed internally. That’s really what caused the most amount of hurt to William, because he wears two hats.
“He’s not just the brother, he’s also future king and he felt that damaged the reputation of the family.
“That it put family business out into the public domain when it should’ve been discussed privately and there was a lot of hurt there that continues to this day.”
Multiple royal sources have told The Sun that William and Harry now hardly speak, with Kate and Meghan cutting contact entirely.
The author added: “If I’m being honest — and that’s highlighted throughout the book — the relationship between Meghan and Kate really never progressed that far.
“Meghan felt there wasn’t much effort made on Kate’s side to look after her during some of the darker moments, particularly during her pregnancy.”
Scobie also sparked controversy by revealing in the interview with The Royal Beat TV show that Charles is supportive of Harry and Meghan’s decision to sue the Mail on Sunday over publishing the Duchess’s letter to her estranged father Thomas.