Press "Enter" to skip to content

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle ‘leave Canada for good to set up permanent home in LA’

Doria Ragland was seen on Thursday walking her two dogs near her home in Los Angeles as reports swirled that her daughter, the Duchess of Sussex, and Prince Harry, have relocated nearby. 

The 63-year-old former social worker and yoga instructor wore sunglasses and a bandana while taking a leisurely stroll with her dogs in the View Park section of LA on Thursday.

Ragland became a global celebrity when she attended her daughter’s royal wedding nearly two years ago.

Her ex-husband, television lighting director Thomas Markle, Meghan’s estranged father, was conspicuously absent for the royal nuptials.  

It appears Doria Ragland will now have a chance to see her grandchild more often. 

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have left Canada for good to set up a permanent home in California, according to reports.

The couple, along with 10-month-old son Archie, are said to have flown to Los Angeles by private jet before Donald Trump closed the border.   

A source told The Sun: ‘The borders were closing and flights were stopping. They had to get out.’

Harry, 35, and Meghan, 38, are said to want to be close to ‘their new team of Hollywood agents and PRs’. 

The source added: ‘Meghan has lots of friends there and, of course, her mum Doria.’

They had been holed up at their Vancouver Island waterfront mansion amid the coronavirus pandemic. 

But their latest move is said to have ‘stunned and horrified’ others in the royal family after Prince Charles, 71, tested positive for coronavirus. Sources say it had been hoped that they might return to Britain amid the pandemic. 

The heir to the throne is in self-isolation on the Balmoral estate in Scotland with his wife Camilla, representatives for the royal said in a statement. 

A source told the DailyMail.com Wednesday Meghan had forbidden her husband from traveling to the UK to see his sick father. Harry last saw his father at the annual Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey in London on March 9.

DailyMail.com previously revealed Meghan and Harry were self-isolating in Canada, and Meghan had confided in friends that her husband felt ‘helpless’ and was ‘concerned’ about the Queen and his father Prince Charles catching coronavirus.

The friend added: ‘Meghan told her inner circle of friends that Harry has been communicating with Prince William and the Queen on a pretty consistent basis. 

‘She said this world crisis has actually brought them all closer together, especially Harry and his brother. 

‘Harry has made it very clear to them that he will do whatever he can to help from Canada.

‘Meghan said they are grateful, especially Harry, that they could spend time with his family before all this insanity began.’ 

They had making staffers in Canada follow a strict hygiene protocol and wear latex gloves. 

The news comes on the same day a trailer for Meghan’s first job since the couple stepped back as senior royals was released. 

The Duchess of Sussex will voice a Disney documentary on elephants with her fee for the project is going entirely to the Elephants Without Borders charity – an organization dedicated to conserving wildlife and helps protect the animals from poaching.

Meghan agreed to do the voiceover after a direct request from filmmakers, and it is understood that she recorded it in London this autumn after seeing footage of the documentary.

A trailer for Elephant failed to give fans a glimpse of Meghan’s narration – but it did reveal that the story follows a ‘family’s extraordinary 1,000 mile journey across Africa on an adventure that will change their lives’.

It comes after the Duke of Sussex, 35, was filmed touting his wife’s voiceover skills to Disney boss Bob Iger at the UK premier of Lion King in July. 

Prince Harry pointed to his wife and said: ‘You do know she does voiceovers?’ A surprised Mr Iger replies: ‘I did not know that’, before Harry continues: ‘You seem surprised, she’s really interested’.

The Disney boss says: ‘We’d love to try. That’s a great idea,’ while Meghan, who was next to Prince Harry, continues speaking to Beyonce. 

Meghan gave up a career as an actress – with her most prominent role being is US legal drama Suits – when becoming engaged to Prince Harry in 2017. 

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will officially end their roles as senior royals on March 31 as they ‘work to become financially independent’.

While in self-isolation, Meghan and Harry started working with experts on how to best serve the public during this time, believing the pandemic is also a mental health crisis and feeling ‘compelled to help’. 

They have since used their SussexRoyal Instagram account to share tips on how to stay safe during the pandemic, most recently sharing a post with the six WHO recommendations. 

Along with the list of advice, which included ‘wash your hands often’ and ‘avoid touching your face’, the couple wrote: ‘For all of us, the best way we can support health workers is to make sure we do not make their job any harder by spreading this disease further.’ 

 

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *