THE Met Police are willing to help US prosecutors probe Prince Andrew’s links to Ghislaine Maxwell and Jeffrey Epstein.
Dame Cressida Dick revealed they would step in if their help was needed “at any stage”.
The Commissioner spoke out during an interview with Channel 4 News last night.
She was asked about the allegations against Prince Andrew over his links to Maxwell, as her case progresses in the US.
She said: “The locus and focus of any investigation in relation to Jeffrey Epstein for example is clearly in America.
“If the Americans need our assistance at any stage, then we will give them that.”
The Duke of York, 60, has been under pressure to speak to US authorities over his relationship with Epstein and Maxwell.
The Duke of York has been accused of sleeping with sex slave Ms Roberts Giuffre three times when she was a teenager. He has vehemently denied any involvement and all the allegations.
He stepped back from royal duties last November following a disastrous interview with BBC Newsnight in which he said he did not regret his friendship with paedophile Epstein.
Scotland Yard controversially dropped the probe into sex-trafficking claims against the US billionaire in 2016.
But the force said in January its “pre-investigation” — a scoping exercise before a formal probe — “could be re-opened in light of the current revelations and further victims coming forward”.
If the Americans need our assistance at any stage, then we will give them that.
The Met added: “There has been a renewed focus on Mr Epstein’s friends and associates which could potentially instigate further criminal and/or civil investigations against these individuals.”
The Duke has kept a low profile ever since but has faced renewed scrutiny following the arrest of his old friend Maxwell – who is accused of acting as the sex trafficker’s “madam.”
Ghislaine Maxwell denies all allegations of misconduct made against her.
The FBI have reached out to Andrew for an interview but he claims he was prepared in November to assist US officials.
His legal team say he has offered to cooperate in writing on five separate occasions.
Last month it was reported Prince Andrew’s official website was quietly taken down with visitors now automatically redirected to the Royal Family’s main site.
And this week, it emerged that Andrew’s social media links have been removed from the official royal website.
The royal hasn’t offered a comment since his old friend was arrested and charged with grooming and trafficking underage girls for Epstein.
The Telegraph reported the duke is caught in a dilemma over how to proceed while facing questioning by the FBI.
He hasn’t denounced convicted paedophile Epstein – including in a Newsnight interview last year.
The disgraced financier killed himself in jail in New York while awaiting trial on further charges.
Maxwell is currently in a Brooklyn, New York, jail after her arrest on July 2 and her trial is scheduled for next July.