Press "Enter" to skip to content

Owner of ‘devil dog’ is anti-gang social worker, 36, who has a son with grime rapper Giggs 

The owner of a ‘devil dog’ who mauled a miniature pinscher to death is a senior manager at a government youth offending unit, MailOnline can reveal.

Naomi Salawu was filmed dragging her giant bullmastiff away after it attacked student Renata Aladenika’s dog on Woolwich Common on Sunday, August 9. 

Ms Salawu, holds a responsible position working as a social worker and manager of troubled youngsters at south-east London’s Youth Offending Team. 

The mother-of-one, who has a son with the grime rapper Giggs, also has a BA honours degree in criminology.

She declined to comment when approached by MailOnline. 

Her bullmastiff attacked a miniature pinscher Rocco, who was later put down due to his injuries, and was ‘shaking him like a rag doll’.  

Renata was heard screaming ‘he’s dying’ as Rocco laid bloodied and motionless on the grass after the bullmastiff had clamped its jaws around the tiny dog’s neck. 

She said that the bullmastiff’s owner apologised and said she would take Renata and Rocco to the vet before dragging her dog to her car and driving off. 

A source revealed: ‘Her dog is big and powerful and doesn’t seem to like other dogs. It has lunged at others in the past and the police were alerted last month after it went for another smaller dog.

‘I see Naomi taking her dog for walks over on Woolwich Common, usually around 6pm or 7pm. When the dog is on the lead, you can see the animal’s strength as Naomi is really straining to stop herself being pulled forwards.

‘But there’s been many times when I’ve seen the dog running around free, which is wrong when it’s that temperamental around other animals. 

‘A lot of people in the area know Naomi, she works as a youth social worker and tries to steer young people away from gangs. She also has a son with the music producer and rapper Giggs.’

Student Renata, 18, was walking Rocco on Woolwich Common, south London, on Sunday when the bullmastiff ran over and grabbed her dog by its neck and shook him around for a minute. 

Renata, from Charlton, south London, explained how she had taken four-year-old Rocco for a half-hour walk at around 8.50pm on as the weather was still warm in the evening.

The pair had been making their way back home when another woman and the bullmastiff approached from the left.

Reliving the horror, the student said: ‘The other dog was off the leash so Rocco approached it and the dogs stopped and looked at each other.

‘Rocco gave a little warning growl and the next thing I knew the dog had Rocco’s neck in its mouth and was shaking him around.

‘He was screaming for help. I could hear him yelping the whole time, and I was screaming trying to get him away.

‘The woman was telling the dog to let go. I was trying to pull him away but it wasn’t working as the dog’s jaw was very strong.  

‘He was a tenth of his weight, so he didn’t stand a chance. To lose him like this was so traumatic.

‘The dog wasn’t on a lead. It was awful, he ran over and grabbed Rocco by the head and started shaking him.

‘The owner tried to drag it away by the ear, but it must have been 70kg.

‘She apologised and said she would give me a lift to the vet, but when she got into her car she just drove off.

‘Rocco was my best friend. The house is so empty without him and it feels weird going to sleep without him on my bed.’

Renata was later pictured saying goodbye to her ‘best friend’ Rocco at the vet when he was put to sleep because his injuries were so severe.

Last night MailOnline revealed that just three weeks before that attack, a 44-year-old woman says she was bitten by the same bullmastiff as it attacked her border terrier cross.   

The woman, known only as Zoe, had to have an emergency tetanus jab the following day as bite marks on her hand and foot turned septic. She alerted the incident to the Metropolitan Police.

She said: ‘Suddenly when the Bullmastiff saw my little dog, it went for him and I had to grab it and actually pull it off mine.

‘The dog snapped back and bit me on the arm and the foot. Whether it was going for me or my dog, it happened so quickly and so was hard to tell.

‘Luckily my wounds did not require stitches or hospital treatment. Although they did turn septic 24-hours later and I had to pay for an emergency tetanus jab at a local chemist.’

Renata said she decided to video the aftermath so she would have evidence of who was responsible for the attack. 

‘The way she ran away with her dog and left me to deal with Rocco alone was a cowardly thing to do,’ she added.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: ‘There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.’ 

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *