Press "Enter" to skip to content

Nora Quoirin’s body found naked and cops never found her clothes despite claims she wasn’t kidnapped, inquest told

NORA QUOIRIN was found naked and cops never found her clothes despite claims that she wasn’t kidnapped, an inquest was told.

Police chief Superintendent Mohd Nor Marzukee Besar told the inquest that the authorities were unable to locate Nora’s underwear in the search.

Speaking at the inquest earlier today the local district police chief said he made the decision to extend the search by one day as there were “lingering questions” over Nora’s missing clothes, reported the Malay Mail.

He added: “After returning from the hospital, I held a meeting with my search team because the family previously disclosed to the investigating officer that Nora Anne was clad in her underwear the last time she was seen and the body that we found was naked.

“So there was a lingering question on the whereabouts of her underwear.”

Mohd Nor Marzukee said the search for the missing underwear resumed at 8:30am on August 14, 2019.

Despite their efforts, he said the search team failed to find any trace of the girl’s underwear and the large-scale operation was called off by day’s end.

On Monday, the inquest was told that Nora was not kidnapped – despite her parents always suspecting a criminal element to the strange and tragic case.

Negeri Sembilan police chief Mohamad Mat Yusop, the first witness, said the investigation showed no criminal element.

He said there was no indication Nora was abducted and no ransom demand.

Speaking at the inquest in Seremban he said: “There was no indication the victim was kidnapped.

“We did not receive any telephone calls – usually in this kind of case we will get a call to say the victim has been kidnapped and is in the hands of certain people, and they would demand a ransom”.

Police believe Nora climbed out of a window on her own, and the autopsy showed she succumbed to intestinal bleeding due to starvation and stress, he said.

Also during the inquest, a policeman told the hearing that the location where Nóra was eventually discovered had already been searched several times.

Deputy public prosecutor Muhamad Iskandar Ahmad asked Supt Mohamad Nor Marzukee how many times had the police searched the exact location of the body.

He answered: “Three times. The fourth day, the fifth day, and the sixth day.

“We can assume that when the search team was in the area, the missing person was still alive and moving.

“So it is possible that when we were there, the missing person was not there.”

According to Mr Besar, police last searched the area where Nóra was found on August 9.

The body of Nora Quoirin was found in a Malaysian rainforest ten days after she was reported missing on the family’s trip of a lifetime.

Nora, who had learning difficulties, was first reported missing by her devastated mum and dad Meabh and Sebastian Quoirin back in August 2019.

She vanished from her bedroom at the Dusun Resort, surrounded by thick Malaysian jungle and was found ten days later, naked in the jungle.

Yesterday Superintendent Mohd Nor Marzukee claimed that the Criminal Investigations Department had obtained footage showing Nora walking unaided at the airport on August 3 last year. 

In the footage, the missing person could be seen walking normally with her luggage like anyone of her age

It came despite her parents telling investigating officer Inspector Wan Faridah Mustanin that she could walk no more than 20 feet without assistance from another person, due to problems with her balance.

Superintendenent Besar told the inquest: “Based on footage of the family’s arrival at KLIA, if I am not mistaken, they could be seen heading towards a particular location together to wait for someone to arrive (to pick them up).

“In the footage, the missing person could be seen walking normally with her luggage like anyone of her age”.

Mr Besar added that he and a group of senior police officers had been shown the CCTV footage while on a visit to Pantai police station for a briefing. 

After viewing the footage, investigating officials took the decision to significantly expand the search area from between four and six square km to a 20 square km radius on the eighth day of Nora’s disappearance. 

Superintendent Besar said that, prior to viewing the footage, he had accepted investigator Wan Faridah’s finding that Nora could not walk 20 feet unaided, the MalayMail reported.

He added that he did not contact the family to clarify her walking ability during the search-and-rescue operation.

But Superintendent Besar also told the inquest that investigating authorities had been made aware of Nora’s physical disabilities from the first day of her disappearance.

It marks the third day of inquest proceedings, which authorities say will aim to determine when 15-year-old Nora died, the cause of her death, how she came to her death, and if anyone was criminally involved.

The inquest began on Monday August 24, and is expected to go on daily until August 28 before a short break. 

It will then continue from September 1 to 4, with a total of 64 witnesses set to testify. 

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *