This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight will be covering Project Hospital, a new hospital management sim by Oxymoron Games.
Project Hospital allows you to manage every detail of your hospital, from design to individual patient care. Hire staff, buy advanced new medical equipment, build expansions to your hospital, negotiate contracts with health insurance companies, solve complex medical puzzles to cure your patients, and coordinate with first responders in the event of emergencies and disasters.
Game modes include a campaign, and endless sandbox where you are given total freedom over your hospital, and a set of challenge levels. You can check out the launch trailer above.
Project Hospital is available on Windows PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam, GOG, and the Humble Store for $24.99, and if you hurry you can still catch the 10% launch discount.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Become an ace doctor, an aspiring architect and a successful manager at the same time. Design your very own hospital, tweak every detail or use one of the predefined models and just jump to the doctor’s duty.
Contract different insurance companies to gain access to patients with interesting medical conditions, perform examinations, laboratory tests and use various equipment to solve the diagnostic puzzles. Hospitalize your patients, perform surgery and more!
- Build your hospital: use a collection of various objects, materials and colors to make it truly yours or save your time and use one of many different prefabs.
- Manage your staff: from hiring to specializations, from doctors to janitors, make sure everybody is doing a great job and finds satisfaction in their work.
- Diagnose your patients: help your doctors and walk them through the most complicated cases or just follow your favorite patients.
- There are a few different modes in Project Hospital:
- Tutorial levels will guide your through the basics of treating patients and running hospitals.
- Sandbox mode offers endless hours of content, building anything from small clinics to huge multi-storey hospitals, starting from scratch or in one of pre-built hospitals or clinics in case you want to jump straight into management. Run you own ambulance service and help handle events and emergencies.
- The campaign will put you in the shoes of a crisis manager trying to save a few hospitals in critical state.
- 6 challenge levels will test your skills and let you focus on the intricate details of individual specialized departments.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!