Nan’s face was eaten away by a flesh-eating superbug, necessitating a nose job.

0

Nan needed a nose job after a flesh-eating superbug ate away at her face.

Maria Sholder, 48, was left in excruciating pain as a result of MRSA, a type of bacteria that is resistant to several common antibiotics and can cause a variety of other infections.

A superbug caused a flesh-eating infection to eat away at a grandmother’s face, necessitating two nose operations.

Maria Sholder, 48, of Sunderland, contracted MRSA after colliding with a door handle in January 2019.

She told Chronicle Live that the condition caused her to “cry in pain.”

Maria was taken to the hospital and given Steri-strips, but her nose became infected shortly after.

MRSA is a bacteria that is resistant to a number of commonly used antibiotics and can cause serious infections.

The bacteria can live harmlessly on the skin of one out of every 30 people, usually in the nose, armpits, or groin, and Maria is thought to be a carrier.

The mother of three developed a flesh-eating infection while working for the NHS in the medical records department, causing her nose to completely collapse.

“I started hearing a whistling through my nose and thought, ‘What is that?'” she explained.

“When I first looked, I saw a small hole, but by the time I saw a doctor, it had grown to the size of a half-penny, and it just kept getting bigger.”

“It pierced my septum at some point.”

The chasm grew larger and larger.

When it was rotting away, the pain was unbearable, and I was crying out in agony.

“It basically just ate away at the flesh,” says the narrator.

Maria has had two nose surgeries since then, but it has recently collapsed again, though not as badly as before.

Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest breaking news and stories from the Brinkwire by clicking here.

Maria has been in and out of hospitals for a variety of infections since then, but it wasn’t until October 2020 that she discovered she had MRSA.

Maria was told that MRSA could be found dormant on her skin for a long time, but once an open wound occurs, the bacteria enters the body and doctors are unsure where the MRSA is.

“If it gets into an open wound, it can cause infections or abscesses,” the grandmother-of-five explained.

“I felt as if no one was listening to me because I was in and out of hospitals.”

I was only interested in finding out what was wrong.

I’ve been told it could be a variety of things, including menopause.”

Maria’s life has come to an end.

The news is summarized by Brinkwire.

Share.

Comments are closed.