Press "Enter" to skip to content

Melbourne electrician Jarrod Fox dies after being electrocuted leaving behind fiancée and two sons

An electrician has been electrocuted at work, leaving behind his devastated fiancée and two young children.

Jarrod Fox, a self-employed electrician, died on Tuesday while working at a property in Croydon in Melbourne’s east.

The alarm was raised when the owner of the house when to check on Mr Fox, 37, and found him unresponsive.   

Paramedics were called to the scene and the father-of-two was declared dead at 3.30pm.  

Mr Fox leaves behind a heartbroken fiancée Charmaine, two-year-old son  Archer and five-week-old son Jasper. 

‘He was the best big brother and I always looked up to him,’ Mr Fox’s younger sister told 7News.

‘I promised Jarrod that we would raise his boys for him.’  

‘Our hearts are just absolutely broken,’ his mum Cheryl said. 

A GoFundMe page was set up by Mr Fox’s sister Erin and a total of $127,660 has already been raise of the $150,000 target. The money will go toward a family trust ‘for his gorgeous sons’. 

‘Sadly on August the 18th, a loving father lost his life out working his trade for his family,’ Ms Fox wrote.

‘A gentle and kind honest dad, happy and content soul, son and brother who lived and worked for his two young sons and fiancée Charmaine. 

‘The tragedy has shocked all who knew Jarrod, and his family. Our thoughts and efforts are now to support Jasper, Archer and Charmaine and establish funds for their future in his memory.’ 

WorkSafe Victoria will investigate Mr Fox’s death.

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *