Press "Enter" to skip to content

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry latest: Is THIS where Sussexes will move with baby Archie?

MEGHAN MARKLE and Prince Harry have now completed their final round of royal engagements. So where will the Sussexes be living with baby Archie in the future?

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex flew back to the UK in recent weeks for their final appearance as senior royals. For the past few months, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been residing in Canada with their son, baby Archie Harrison.

The Sussexes returned to the UK to complete a few final engagements, and were both in attendance at the Commonwealth Day service held at Westminster Abbey on March 9.

But away from royal life, Harry and Meghan announced earlier this year they will be dividing their time between North America and the UK in the future.

And although details of the Sussexes future living arrangements have not been confirmed, Harry and Meghan could also be planning to divide their time between two locations in North America.

A source told PEOPLE: “Harry is looking straight ahead at his future with his family.

“They will be spending time in California and in Canada. He’s not looking back.”

LA would not be an out-of-the-blue choice for Meghan, who grew up in the city, as it is also the home of her mother, Doria Ragland.

Wherever they choose to live, according to a source, the couple want “to create their own life” after stepping back from royal duties.

A royal insider told the publication: “This is what Meghan and Harry have always wanted — to create their own life.

“It’s got to feel like an immense relief to get out of the UK and go down their own path.”

After March 31, Harry and Meghan will no longer be considered senior, ‘working’ royals.

This means they will be financially independent, and free to pursue their own income.

The Sussex family will no longer be eligible for the Sovereign Grant, which allocates funds to working members of the Royal Family.

Although they are free to pursue their own careers, Harry and Meghan will be subject to a 12-month review period.

After leaving senior royal life behind, the Duke and Duchess are determined to continue with their charitable endeavours.

A spokesperson told Town & Country: “The Duke’s priorities remain supporting the welfare of servicemen and women, conservation, sport for social development, HIV, and Travalyst which works to mobilize the tourism and travel industry for social good.

“For The Duchess, her focus remains women’s empowerment, gender equality and education.”

While retaining their His and Her Royal Highness titles respectively, Harry and Meghan will no longer be using such titles actively.

This is because the couple will no longer undertake representative duties on behalf of the Queen.

And while the couple had hoped to continue with their self-styled brand, Sussex Royal, the couple will no longer be allowed to use the word ‘royal’ in future branding.

The Sussex Royal website reads: “As The Duke and Duchess will no longer be considered full-time working Members of The Royal Family, it was agreed that use of the word ‘Royal’ would need to be reviewed as it pertains to organisations associated with them in this new regard.”

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *