Marcus Rashford’s father acknowledges he may have written a tweet while being ‘hammered.’
A CHILDREN’S FOOTBALL COACH claims he was inebriated when he reportedly wrote racist tweets about Marcus Rashford minutes after the forward’s penalty miss.
Nick Scott, 50, was detained on suspicion of “inciting race hatred” after allegedly telling Manchester United star Wayne Rooney to “go to yo own country” in a tweet. The father of two initially claimed his Twitter account had been hacked, but he later admitted he may have posted the tweet himself when inebriated but couldn’t recall.
According to Birmingham Live, Scott also said that his own family had benefited from Rashford’s school meals initiative.
The youth football coach from Powick, Worcestershire, told the Sun, “I was intoxicated at the time and don’t remember doing anything.”
“However, if I did, I want Marcus to know that I am very sorry and honestly apologise.
“After everything he’s done for my kids and all the other children in the country with free school lunches, I’m grateful to him.
“He’s a complete genius. I can’t thank him enough for his assistance to my family.”
The tweet was issued at 10.56 p.m. from Scott’s account, only minutes after Rashford missed his penalty in the Euro 2020 final shootout against Italy.
“That MBE needs burning ya fake, @MarcusRashford,” it said. Pack your belongings and return to your homeland.”
It was followed up with a tweet at 12:43 a.m. on Monday, which read: “I need to apologize to @MarcusRashford but I’m still really angry.” “Not with you, though.”
Scott earlier stated to The Sun that he was “not racist” and that he was married to a German woman.
Scott has been released from custody as police continue their investigation.
Scott was previously married to Susanne Hinte, a “Lotto loser,” according to The Sun.
Ms Hinte, also known as Sanne, made headlines in January when she attempted to claim half of a £66 million jackpot with a ticket she said had been damaged in the wash.
However, once investigators studied the crumpled stub and the genuine winner came forward, lottery organizer Camelot declined to pay out. In 2017, the grandmother passed away.
There’s no evidence that Scott was involved in his ex-alleged wife’s con.