Press "Enter" to skip to content

Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Ed Woodward plans third and fourth deals, Bruno Fernandes wait

MANCHESTER UNITED transfer news and gossip is coming thick and fast. Express Sport is on hand to bring you all the very latest from Old Trafford.

Solskjaer could make Pogba captain 

Fresh Maguire offer

loading...

New Fekir contract

West Ham hijack?

Mario Lemina latest

Harry Maguire alternative

Saul Niguez talks

Nemanja Matic exit?

Matthijs de Ligt to Juventus

Ed Woodward plans

Paul Pogba valuation

Sean Longstaff latest

Neymar three-player swap

Dani Olmo latest

Manchester United transfer news LIVE updates: All the news and gossip from Old Trafford

Saturday, July 13

  • Ed Woodward is reportedly wants a centre-back before completing a deal for Bruno Fernandes
  • Manchester United have slapped a£180million price-tag on midfielder Paul Pogba
  • Sean Longstaff is prepared to accept that Newcastle will price him out of a transfer
  • Newcastle want £50m for Longstaff – double what United are willing to pay

Solskjaer could make Pogba captain 

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has revealed that he could make wantaway midfielder Paul Pogba captain next season. 

Asked whether the captaincy for next season had been decided, Solskjaer said: “No, it hasn’t.. We’ve got quite a few possibilities there and when the season starts we’ll announce.

“Of course we’ll have a good assessment, see how pre-season goes, so there we go. But, as you saw, Ashley (Young) will wear it when he’s playing until we decide on someone, yeah.”

And when quizzed on whether the armband could head in Pogba’s direction, the Norwegian simply replied: “Yeah.” 

Fresh Maguire offer

Manchester United are still yet to meet Leicester’s demands as they look to sign Harry Maguire.

“We’re going to start with some news as we always like to and that is a renewed offer from Manchester United to Leicester City for Harry Maguire,” football consultant Ian McGarry said on the Transfer Window Podcast with Duncan Castles.

“It still doesn’t quite match Leicester City’s expectations.

“That’s because the upfront payment is £60million with an extra £20m in add-ons, which takes it up to Leicester’s expected valuation at £80m.

“It doesn’t take it to the £80m upfront which we understand that Leicester are hoping for on the basis of reinvesting that money in this particular transfer window.”

New Fekir contract

Lyon are set to discuss a new contract with Nabil Fekir, who former Manchester United gaffer Jose Mourinho held talks over last summer.

The French midfielder was linked Premier League duo Arsenal and Liverpool after club president Jean-Michel Aulas admitted he could be sold.

However, Liverpool have cooled their interest while Arsenal are unable to pounce with Mesut Ozil still on their books.

And Goal claim Lyon will use the apparent lack of interest to sure his long-term future.

West Ham hijack?

West Ham may have forced Manchester United into adapting their summer transfer plans, as the club look to make amends after missing out on Maxi Gomez.

Following the £22.4million sale of Marko Arnautovic to Shanghai SIPG and the failure to sign Gomez from Celta Vigo.

The Hammers have turned their attentions have turned to Eintracht Frankfurt striker Sebastien Haller.

According to The Guardian, talks have been held with the German club for the French forward.

That could prove to be a dagger in the heart for Manchester United, who have reportedly identified Haller as a potential replacement for Romelu Lukaku, should he join Inter Milan.

Mario Lemina latest

Manchester United are facing a race against the clock to bring in at least two more signings before next month’s transfer deadline but one of them is unlikely to be Mario Lemina.

A deal for Lemina emerged as a surprise possibility earlier this week after the midfielder was left at home by Southampton for their pre-season tour.

Now ESPN are reporting that United have decided to distance themselves from a potential deal.

United need to bring in two midfielders this summer to replace the already departed Marouane Fellaini and Ander Herrera.

Harry Maguire alternative

Manchester United think they’ve found an alternative to Harry Maguire.

That’s according to The Sun, who claim the Red Devils are eyeing up a move for Monaco defender Benoit Badiashile.

French newspaper L’Equipe say Manchester United have been monitoring Badiashile, 18, for the last couple of years.

And It’s thought the France Under-19 international would cost £30million – £50m less than Leicester are demanding for Maguire.

Saul Niguez talks

Atletico Madrid have reportedly opened talks with Saul Niguez about a new contract.

Spanish newspaper AS claim Manchester United have earmarked the Spaniard should Paul Pogba leave Old Trafford.

Niguez, 24, has a £134million release clause in his contract and Atletico would be powerless to prevent him leaving the Wanda Metropolitano Stadium – just like Antoine Griezmann.

Niguez’s current contract lasts until 2026 and could be extended even further.

Nemanja Matic exit?

Nemanja Matic would be prepared to leave Manchester United to join Antonio Conte at Inter Milan.

Journalist Duncan Castles claims Inter have already submitted a paltry £9million bid plus Radja Nainggolan for the Serbian this summer.

“I can tell you that there’s been an offer from Inter Milan for Nemanja Matic, which is quite an amusingly low offer of £9milliom plus the Inter player Nainggolan – who is in his 30s – so quite an ambitious offer I think from Inter to see if they could get Matic out of the club that way,” he said on The Transfer Window podcast.

“And Matic, while I’m told he will not push for that move, he will not go down the Paul Pogba route, which should come as no surprise to anyone that knows Nemanja Matic as an individual, he would be open to speaking to both of those clubs if a deal can be agreed with Manchester United.”

Matthijs de Ligt to Juventus

Juventus are likely to have to wait until next week to announce the £66m (€75m) signing of Matthijs de Ligt from Ajax, reports in Holland claim.

His agent, Mino Raiola, revealed this week that the centre-back has already finalised personal terms with the Serie A champions.

Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf are now reporting Juventus agreed on Friday to meet Ajax’s demands and hand over £66m for De Ligt.

De Ligt will not travel to Austria with Ajax on Saturday as Erik ten Hag’s men step up their preparations for next season.

Ed Woodward plans

Manchester United chief Ed Woodward is reportedly planning to make a signing before completing a deal for Bruno Fernandes.

Swansea’s Daniel James and Crystal Palace star Aaron Wan-Bissaka have already been signed for a combined £65million – but more arrivals are on the horizon.

Portuguese outlet A Bola claim that Manchester United want to solve their defensive issues by signing a centre-back before they finalise a deal for Sporting Lisbon midfielder Bruno Fernandes.

Leicester defender Harry Maguire is still United’s top priority, but Benfica’s Ruben Dias and Fiorentina’s Nikola Milenkovic are also on the shortlist.

Paul Pogba valuation

Manchester United have slapped an astronomical price-tag on midfielder Paul Pogba.

The French international has been heavily backed to leave Old Trafford this summer with Real Madrid and Juventus the most likely destinations.

But both could have trouble meeting United’s demands.

The Mirror claim Ed Woodward and Co. are playing hardball after Mino Raiola’s recent comments and have valued Pogba at £180million.

Sean Longstaff latest

Sean Longstaff is prepared to accept that Newcastle will price him out of a transfer to Old Trafford this summer.

Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to overhaul his ageing United squad with young players who are willing to commit themselves to the club.

And the Norwegian sees Longstaff as one of those players.

United believe they can wrangle Longstaff away from St James’ Park for £25m but Newcastle have rebuffed initial approached from the Red Devils.

And according to the Mirror, Longstaff is willing to accept that Newcastle, who want closer to £50m from United, are going to price executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward out of a move.

Neymar three-player swap

Barcelona are prepared to offer three players plus cash to sign Neymar.

That’s the claim from German newspaper Bild, who say the Catalan giants will supply a list of four players for Paris Saint-Germain to choose from.

The quartet on offer are; Philippe Coutinho, Ousmane Dembele, Nelson Semedo and Samuel Umtiti.

Bild add that Barcelona will also offer £116million in cash to sweeten the deal.

Dani Olmo latest

Dani Olmo is keeping his options open.

The former Barcelona winger, who joined Dinamo Zagreb in 2014, has been linked to European heavyweights Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United and a return to the Nou Camp.

“I’m not ruling out any team,” Olmo told Sport. “Out of respect to everyone who is interested in me, I’m not going to say anything. You have to respect them all.

“There’s talk about a lot of teams and many more rumours. I don’t know what is true and what isn’t. I’ve spent five of my life living abroad. If it’s a few more years, I’m not bothered.”

Solskjaer could make Pogba captain 

Fresh Maguire offer

New Fekir contract

West Ham hijack?

Mario Lemina latest

Harry Maguire alternative

Saul Niguez talks

Nemanja Matic exit?

Matthijs de Ligt to Juventus

Ed Woodward plans

Paul Pogba valuation

Sean Longstaff latest

Neymar three-player swap

Dani Olmo latest

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

loading...