Press "Enter" to skip to content

Madeleine McCann prosecutors say there will be no major progress before next year in Christian B probe

PROSECUTORS admit there will be no major progress before next year in their probe into Madeleine McCann suspect Christian B.

Convicted paedophile Christian B, 43, was identified by German officials in June as the man responsible for the British girl’s disappearance 13 years ago.

Lead prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters has now told The Sun on Sunday: “No new announcements will be made until the end of 2020.

“There is nothing more we can say for the time being and I cannot go into specific details.

“We have received many tips from Germany and Britain and around the world and we are working through them. That is all I can say.”

Prosecutors are talking to another new witness — who was in jail near Hanover with Christian B while he was on remand for rape in 2018.

He is the fourth witness to come forward. The Sun named the original informant as Helge Busching on Friday.

German prosecutors said they had “concrete evidence” Madeleine was dead but have not given further details.

Searches have been carried out in Germany and in Portugal — where Madeleine vanished — since Christian B was identified as a suspect but no news has been released of any findings.

Christian B’s lawyer Friedrich ­Fulscher was in Portugal last week looking for witnesses he believes can clear his client of links to Madeleine, we can also reveal.

He met Portuguese former police chief Goncalo Amaral who led the hunt for Madeleine, then three, when she vanished in Praia da Luz.

He held her parents, Kate and Gerry, of Rothley, Leicestershire, as suspects.

Christian B is in jail serving 21 months for drug offences.

on on or EMAIL [email protected]

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *