After being struck by multiple cars on a busy Scottish highway on New Year’s Day, a man died.
Several vehicles struck the 44-year-old on the eastbound carriageway of the M8 near East Whitburn.
Shortly before 3 a.m., emergency services closed the lane. And, about eight hours later, it reopened.
At about 6 a.m., Traffic Scotland told road users of the incident on social media. And proclaimed at 9:40 a.m. That for some time the road will remain blocked.
Baby found dead at home in Glasgow
The police have reopened the route, but they say that there are ongoing investigations.
“Sergeant Jill Kirkpatrick said, “I would like to thank anyone who has helped us explain the circumstances of the incident so far in our investigation and I am appealing to everyone who has witnessed this incident to come forward.
“In particular, we would like to speak to the occupants of a white vehicle seen at the time of the collision and anyone who may have dashcam footage that could help us with our investigation.”
A spokesperson for Police Scotland said, “A male pedestrian died after being hit by several vehicles on the eastbound carriageway of the M8 near Junction 4 at East Whitburn at around 2.45am on Friday, January 1, 2021.”
The road is closed between junction 3a and westbound at junction 4. Investigations to ascertain the precise circumstances of the case are underway.