An urgent recall has been issued for a baby teether from Kmart, as it has removable parts that can cause a child to choke.
The department store giant issued the recall for the Anko Silicone Teether Elephant on Thursday.
The ears of the elephant on the teethers have white ears that can separate from the rest of the product, Kmart said, posing a suffocation risk.
‘If the white ear insert detaches from the teether, it may become lodged in an infant’s throat and pose a choking or suffocation hazard,’ the recall said.
The teether was sold across Australia from July 13, 2020, until July 24, 2020.
Anyone who has purchased the product for their toddler is advised to stop using it immediately.
Consumers are advised to visit any Kmart store for a full refund.
Daily Mail Australia has contacted Kmart for further comment.