Just two hours after giving birth, a teen mother dies of cardiac arrest.


Just two hours after giving birth, a teen mother dies of cardiac arrest.

A TEENAGE mother died after suffering cardiac arrest just two hours after giving birth, leaving her bereft parents in search of answers.

Teegan Barnard, 17, became ill in hospital after giving birth to her healthy baby boy, Parker; she was depleted of oxygen and suffered a severe brain injury; she was discharged from the hospital to spend her final days at her family’s home, but she died there a few days later.

Teegan’s bereaved parents, Abbie Hallawell and Trevor Barnard, are hoping for answers from an inquest into why their daughter, a pizza chef, died.

The couple, from Havant, Hampshire, hired Irwin Mitchell’s expert medical negligence lawyers to help them find answers and support their family during the emotionally draining inquest process.

It was dubbed a “truly tragic case” by attorneys today.

Teegan was born on September 9, 2019 at St Richard’s Hospital in Chichester, West Sussex, and died on October 7, 2019, according to Wales Online.

Parker is now being raised by Abbie and Trevor alongside his father, Leon Forster.

“Teegan and the rest of the family were overjoyed when she found out she was pregnant,” Abbie said, heartbroken.

She yearned to be a mother and would have made an excellent mother.

“It still doesn’t seem real that what should have been Teegan’s best day in life ended tragically and forever changed our entire family.”

“It’s been more than two years since Teegan passed away, but time seems to have stopped for our entire family.”

“I know the inquest and hearing the evidence surrounding Teegan’s death will be upsetting, but it’s something I have to do not only for Teegan, but also for Parker.”

“Teegan would have been so proud of Parker and how happy he is as a baby who is growing every day.”

“Even though he won’t have his mother in his life, he’ll always be told how much Teegan loved him and how she’ll always be a part of our family.”

Teegan’s inquest is set to begin on Friday at Chichester’s West Sussex Coroner’s Court.

It’ll last four days, according to predictions.

“This is a truly tragic case,” Rebecca Brown, a specialist medical negligence lawyer at Irwin Mitchell, said today.

“It’s understandable that Abbie, Trevor, and the rest of the family are still in shock.

“Brinkwire News Summary.”


Comments are closed.