Press "Enter" to skip to content

Jihadi bride, 25, is back in UK after flying into Heathrow using her British passport 

British ISIS bride Samia Hussein whose arm and one of her breasts were torn off in an explosion is back in Britain and out of police custody. 

The 25-year-old from Southall, west London, was injured when coalition forces launched an airstrike on a jihadist weapon store near her home.

Hussein – who was previously held in the Kurdish-run al-Hol prisoner camp in north east Syria – was detained by anti-terror police after she flew into Heathrow Airport using her British passport on February 12.

Her information appeared on a security watch list and she was arrested. 

Hussein was held on suspicion of membership of a banned organisation, under Section 11 of the Terrorism Act 2000, Met Police said.

Police can hold suspects under the act for a maximum of 14 days and she has now been released under investigation. 

A source told The Sun: ‘Her links and claims are being forensically investigated.’  

Hussein said she was groomed and radicalised online before she decided to travel to Syria via Turkey.

She said the propaganda videos she watched as a teenager were ‘fantasy’ and it was not worth travelling to the region.  

She said there were no guards at the border and it was ‘really easy’.

MI5 officials visited Hussein’s friends’ homes to warn them about online grooming, but didn’t confiscate any passports, she said.

Hussein described conditions with ISIS as ‘inhumane’ with people being held in cages for misdemeanours like smoking or not attending prayers.  

It comes a year after Hussein’s family said that she was tricked into thinking she’d be helping refugees as they pleaded with the UK Government to bring her home. 

A close relative said her family were worried about her health, telling The Telegraph she feared she’d never be let back into the UK. 

‘We need the Government to help her,’ she said. ‘She’s British, she was born here and has a British passport and we want her to come back to this country.’

The family of Hussein said she was duped to stop studying and go to a camp in 2015 while living in Kenya. 

Five years ago, she left the UK to study A-Levels in Nairobi and hoped to head to the capital’s United States International University – Africa to complete a degree.  

Her family says that she was groomed and ‘brainwashed’ into believing she’d be helping ‘children in need’ but found herself trapped in the Caliphate. 

A relative told the paper that somebody influenced her in Nairobi, telling her that she’d be carrying out aid work.  

She disappeared in autumn 2015 and one week later sent a text to her mother, Luul Hussein Tarambi, saying she was being held against her will and needed to get out.  

In her text she told them that she ‘had been brainwashed and said she needed help’, the relative said.  

In an interview from the al-Hol prisoner camp, she told documentary filmmaker Alan Duncan of her injuries: ‘I tried to run. But then I realised that my arm was cut off, my chest was split open and my leg was broken – the whole bone came out.’ 

A six-month-old baby and a pensioner were killed in the blast, according to Hussein. She was left bed-ridden for seven months and came close to having her leg amputated.

The camp also holds Shamima Begum, who left Bethnal Green in East London to join Islamic State when she was 15.

A Met Police spokesperson said: ‘A woman has been arrested at Heathrow Airport on suspicion of terrorism offences.

‘Officers from the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command arrested the 25-year-old woman at 22:30hrs after she arrived on an inbound flight on Wednesday, 12 February.

‘She was arrested on suspicion of membership of a proscribed organisation, under Section 11 of the Terrorism Act 2000. She has been released under investigation.

‘Enquiries remain ongoing.’

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *