HARRY Maguire’s crunch court case could be in jeopardy after staff in the building tested positive for coronavirus.
The United captain hoped to clear his name tomorrow but now the hearing could be adjourned which could see him left out of the England squad.
He has denied allegations including assault, disobedience and bribery over the brawl on the Greek island of Mykonos in the early hours of Friday.
Gareth Southgate has to decide whether to name Maguire today in his squad for UEFA Nations League games against Iceland and Denmark next month.
Sources said Maguire was confident he would be able to clear his name in time for selection but his plan has been thrown into chaos.
Two workers at Ermoupolois City Hall on the island of Syros, where the case is to be heard, have tested positive for coronavirus.
Officials are testing every worker there today and the results could see Maguire’s case adjourned until at least next month.
A source said: “This adds yet more agony for Harry as he just doesn’t know what his fate will be.
“He was confident he would be able to prove his innocence and get the case thrown out in time for England selection but now he can’t be sure.
“It will leave Gareth Southgate in an awkward position when he comes to decide his team sheet.”
An employee and an elected deputy mayor have tested positive sparking mass testing of the building.
The town hall was disinfected on Friday as officials battled to make it safe.
Local sources said it would be clear by the end of today whether the case could go ahead.
Maguire and two other Britons aged 28 and 29 denied a string of charges over the brawl in the Fabrika area.
It is understood the England ace claims he thought his sister Daisy had been stabbed by the group which led to the confrontation.
It has also been claimed fans of rival clubs goaded Maguire with jibes about the 1958 Munich air disaster.
Maguire was allowed to leave the country after his first hearing on Saturday and does not have to be present for his trial.
The star and two others, aged 28 and 29, are accused of bodily harm and “serial insult”.
Maguire and a pal are have also been charged with serial bribery and violence against officials following the chaos on Thursday morning.
It is understood he has returned to the UK ahead of a court hearing tomorrow, which he does not have to attend.
He faces up to three years in prison if convicted – but it is understood he could instead receive a suspended sentence.
The Sheffield-born star became the world’s most expensive defender when he signed for Utd from Leicester City for £85million in August last year.
He was named captain in January this year following Ashley Young’s departure to Inter Milan.
He is next due to play at Old Trafford for their first game of the season on September 19 against Crystal Palace.
Maguire has made 26 appearances for England and was a key part of the team’s journey to the World Cup semi-finals in 2018.
But the legal action could throw a spanner in the works for strict England gaffer Gareth Southgate when he names his squad on Tuesday.