MARK Wright has publicly defended Harry Maguire and told people to “back off” if they don’t know the truth.
The Manchester United star, 27, was convicted over a brawl with cops on the Greek island of Mykonos last week but has appealed the verdict and vowed to clear his name.
Harry has insisted he wasn’t drunk during the scrap and said he thought he was being kidnapped as he tried to take his sister to hospital after she was allegedly drugged in a bar.
TV presenter Mark, 33, tagged the footballer in a post on Instagram earlier and said he knew Harry personally, telling fans not to judge him.
He wrote over a picture of Harry and his fiancee Fern Hawkins: “You will get through it guys. @harrymaguire93 one of the nicest fellas I have ever met. Not a bad defender too”
£85m footballer Harry was found guilty of repeated bodily harm, attempted bribery, violence against public employees and insulting behaviour after his arrest in the brawl during which two police officers were assaulted.
Harry’s family and friends have leapt to his defence after the trial on Tuesday.
Another pal said he is “hellbent on clearing his name”, adding: “He respects the legal process.”
Harry’s fiancee and mum of his two kids, Fern Hawkins, shared a tweet posted by Love Island’s Chris Hughes insisting the truth will come out.
Chris, who was on the Greek island with the Maguire family, posted: “I pray when the truth comes out the horrendous ordeal that Harry and his family have been through in Greece will be a firm reminder that situations shouldn’t be judged by anybody until they know anything.
“They’re the most genuine, lovely family, who’ve lived through a horror film.”
The tweet was also shared by Maguire’s sister Daisy, who was said to be injected with a rape drug before the brawl erupted.
Brother Joe Maguire, who was convicted alongside the defender, also shared it in on Instagram.
Manchester United insisted their skipper now has no conviction or criminal record and is innocent.
Bosses at United said: “An appeal against yesterday’s verdict was lodged this morning by Harry’s legal team.
“In accordance with the Greek judicial process, the filing of an appeal extinguishes the initial court verdict and nullifies the conviction.
“The appeal has been accepted and will lead to a full retrial in a more senior court.
“This means that Harry has no criminal record and is once again presumed innocent until proven guilty.”
Meanwhile, a lawyer for two of the six policemen involved in the case called the defender a “disgrace” and accused him of “inventing a pack of lies” after the initial verdict.
Prosecution lawyer Ioannis Paradissis told The Sun: “I’ve seen what Maguire said and it’s ridiculous and only adds further insult to the harm he caused the policemen he attacked and the Greek justice system as a whole.
“There were six witnesses who gave exactly the same account of the events that evening. The bus was never stopped on the side of the road, as he claims.
“After the altercation when the police arrived and intervened to stop the fight they instructed the driver to go straight to the station.
“Why would he then be afraid of being kidnapped by people who identified themselves as policemen at the police station?
“It’s absurd and part of this fantasy story he is now saying.
“I understand his desire to say he is innocent but it is very disappointing that he continues not to acknowledge the people who did suffer violence that night which at one point he admits in the interview saying ‘I didn’t hurt him as much as they hurt me.'”