Four people have been detained in the search for ugly football racists on the internet.

0

Four people have been detained in the search for ugly football racists on the internet.

The bigots who attacked England’s Euro 2020 stars are being tracked down with the help of social media companies, it was revealed yesterday, as police confirmed they had detained four individuals so far.

Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook have all been chastised for failing to remove terrible abuse directed at the trio quickly enough.

Boris Johnson, meanwhile, restated his commitment to pressuring them to take action against online abuse.

“They have the technology to sort this out,” he remarked. They have the ability to change their algorithms. If necessary, we will resort to legislation.”

On Tuesday, the Prime Minister warned social media executives that if they did not take action to stop harassment, they may face fines of up to 10% of their global income.

Cheshire Chief Constable Mark Roberts said yesterday that the companies are now “operating extremely closely” with the UK Football Policing Unit.

“The racial abuse directed at our own players after Sunday night’s game is extremely abhorrent and has shocked and disgusted people throughout the country,” he continued. During the competition, our England squad has been true role models… I’m outraged that some people believe it’s OK to spew such heinous insults at them or anyone else.”

A 37-year-old man from Ashton upon Mersey was detained, according to Greater Manchester Police. Andy Bone, a commercial manager for estate brokerage Savills, is said to be the man. Mr Bone said his Twitter account was hijacked by a “third party” who posted insults following Sunday’s final, which he reported to police. There will almost certainly be more arrests.

“If we identify you as the perpetrators of this crime, we will follow you down and you will face the consequences of your disgraceful actions,” Chief Constable Roberts told trolls.

Meanwhile, Channel 4 has ordered Football Trolls, a documentary about internet abuse hosted by Jermaine Jenas, a former player.

“Reading the comments and chants has made me sick to my stomach, and I promise to make it my duty to help bring positive change,” he stated.

Share.

Leave A Reply