Press "Enter" to skip to content

Four-month-old British baby tragically dies in Corfu hotel

A FOUR-month-old British baby has tragically died in a Corfu hotel.

The 30-year-old mum discovered her son dead in the morning at a hotel in the town of Argyrades, Greece, as their holiday ended in tragedy.

The horrific events have caused shock in Corfu as local news filtered through the town.

Reports say that at about 7.30am, the British woman went to wake up her baby, but grew concerned when she saw he was not moving or reacting to her words.

She alerted hotel staff who called a doctor and they gave her the devastating news that the baby had died.

Medical Examiner Yiannis Aivatidis carried out a post-mortem examination after the baby’s death and ruled out choking from feeding.

Dr Aivatidis also found there was no sign of bruising or injury to the body and declared the cause of death as “sudden infant death syndrome”.

Doctors are providing the heartbroken mother with psychological support, according to local media.

EMAIL [email protected] 

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *