David Warner has rushed to be at his wife Candice’s side in London as she prepares to give birth to their third child.
The Australian cricket star left Lord’s in a hurry after Australia beat New Zealand at the World Cup.
Candice, who is in the UK supporting him, is due to be induced into labour at a hospital in London on Sunday.
Warner’s teammate Mitchell Starc revealed that the former Australia vice captain did not hang around after the match.
‘He packed his bag pretty quickly, I think he’s up there up there enjoying the win and tomorrow he will be a dad for a third time,’ he said on Saturday.
‘Good luck to the Warners, I’ll be seeing him up in Manchester, we all have a couple of days off.
‘We do travel tomorrow and then we do have a couple of days away from cricket and its going to be fantastic for everyone to freshen up.’
The Warners are understood to be expecting a baby girl, and already have two daughters: Indie, four, and Ivy, two.
Timing the baby to arrive on Sunday makes the most of the Australian cricket team’s seven-day break – ensuring Warner doesn’t miss a game of the World Cup.
Warner will stay in London for the birth before heading to Manchester ahead of the final group clash against South Africa on July 6.
With The Ashes series to follow the World Cup, the Warners’ baby girl will spend her first three months growing up in London.
‘Our preparation (for South Africa) starts when I get back to Manchester,’ Warner said.
‘I’ve got a great, supportive wife, a great family base at home as well.
‘We’ve got great support around us, the guys here have been fantastic, they’ve really got around me at this important time for my family.
‘But my wife, as selfless as she is, cricket’s priority and winning games for Australia and that’s what we’re trying to do.’
Australia’s coach Justin Langer said last week he was well across the situation and planning around it.
Combined with Finch, Warner has formed part of the best opening combination in the World Cup and his place at the top of the order is vital for Australia.
Warner was banned from cricket for one year for his role in the ball-tampering scandal in March 2018.
He has made a stunning return to cricket since the ban was lifted this year.
The batsman became the first to score two 150+ scores in the Cricket World Cup after scoring 166 runs against Bangladesh on June 20.
Warner and his family have endured a difficult 15 months since the dramas of Cape Town last year.
The 32-year-old confirmed he and Candice had suffered the pain of not just one, but two miscarriages in that time.
Warner said the personal and family heartache had changed his outlook in his time away from cricket.
‘Yeah definitely (gives it all perspective),’ Warner said.
‘It was unfortunate we had the two miscarriages during that time and we would have had one (baby) before this.
‘The stats are there, one in four I think it is.
‘So we’re just grateful to have two healthy little girls at the moment and hopefully that third one on Sunday so I’m really anticipating it.’