Covid LIVE: A ‘critical incident’ has occurred in more than 20 NHS trusts, with admissions doubling every nine days.
Over 20 trusts have declared a critical incident, and hospital admissions are doubling every nine days. THE NHS is stretched “like never before.”
The head of NHS Providers, which represents trusts, said on Twitter that the health service is “stretched like never before.”
“NHS stretched like it’s never been stretched before,” he wrote.
London continues to have a slower rate of hospitalization growth.
However, there are growing fears that the assumption that the rest of the country will follow the London model is incorrect.
Patients and staff must also be aware of the impact of pressure.”
Boris Johnson said on Wednesday that hospital admissions are “doubling every nine days” and that the UK is “experiencing the fastest growth in COVID cases we’ve ever known.”
Morecambe Bay NHS Trust, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust, Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, and Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust have all declared incidents.
As Omicron continues to cause havoc around the world, many countries have imposed new restrictions or vaccine mandates.
Here is the latest, in case you missed it:
– As the country scrambles to relieve pressure on hospitals, Italy has made vaccines mandatory for those aged 50 and up.
– Another record day for case numbers was set in Australia on Thursday, with more than 72,000 cases reported so far, with New South Wales accounting for nearly half of those.
– After nearly 4,000 Covid cases were reported on Wednesday, Thailand suspended quarantine-free entry for vaccinated tourists.
– According to Singapore, people will not be considered fully vaccinated unless they receive a booster within nine months of their second dose.
– Poland’s president, Andrzej Duda, tested positive for Covid for the second time.
– On Thursday, India reported 90,928 new daily Covid-19 cases, up nearly fourfold from the start of the year.
– As the city tightens Covid restrictions, Hong Kong’s flagship airline, Cathay Pacific Airways, is reducing passenger flights until the end of March.
– The number of COVID-19 cases in Indian cities Delhi, Mumbai, and Kolkata has nearly doubled in a day, to 10,665 on Wednesday.
– In the run-up to the Winter Olympics and the Lunar New Year peak travel season, more cities in central China have enacted stricter measures to contain outbreaks.
From, good morning.
“News from the Brinkwire.”