Press "Enter" to skip to content

British woman uses Facebook honey-trap to snare her aunt’s ‘killer’ 6000 miles away in South Africa

The niece of a British woman who was brutally raped and murdered in South Africa has revealed how she tracked down her aunt’s ‘killer’… using a Facebook honey trap.

Retired teacher Christine Robinson, 59, was brutally raped and murdered at a South African safari lodge in 2014.

Her niece Lehanne Sergison, 49, grew frustrated with the police investigation and the Foreign Office as her aunt’s alleged killer remained at large six years after her death.

Using her iPad from her home in Kent – 6,000 miles away from the crime scene – she set up a fake Facebook profile to lure the prime suspect, Andrew Ndlovu, 30.

Posing as flirty air stewardess, Missy Falcao, she swapped hundreds of messages with her aunt’s alleged killer. 

Using her fake identity, she befriended Ndlovu on Facebook and lured him into her trap over a two-month period, telling him ‘he was hot’ and calling him ‘sexy eyes’.  

Speaking to The Mirror, Lehanne said she almost vomited after she flirted with him and had to have counselling to deal with the stress.

She said: ‘The first time I contacted him I told him he had sexy eyes – it made me want to throw up. 

‘When the reply came, I didn’t know what to say. I hadn’t flirted with anyone for a long time. I asked friends what their teenage daughters would write.’   

Their first exchange over private messages, pictured below, went:

Missy: Hello handsome

Suspect: Hey hw u doing

Missy: Better now I’ve heard from u… u have sexy eyes

Suspect: Thanx hey – you are one in a million. 

Lehanne said she tracked Ndlovu down on Facebook in 2019 after she discovered he was using a Facebook alibi and found he was also active on dating sites. 

She set up a false Facebook identity and over time she befriended his friends and eventually began chatting to him.

The pair exchanged hundreds of late-night flirty messages over a two-month period until eventually Ndlovu took the bait. 

He offered his number to ‘Missy’ and said that he would like to see her, writing: ‘Wish I could see you even only once.’ 

Lehanne said: ‘It made my skin crawl he wanted to see me. I felt I was betraying Christine but knew I might stand a chance of getting him.’ 

‘Meanwhile I was having nightmares. The stress was unbelievable. I saw a counsellor and cried for an hour.’ 

Due to the stress it was causing her, her family, including her husband Simon, 49, advised her to stop but Lehanne felt she couldn’t ‘give up’ in her quest to see justice. 

‘The pain of her [Christine’s] murder never subsided,’ she said. 

Using the fake account, Lehanne set up a date to meet Ndlovu in Johannesburg in June last year and tipped off detectives.

However, Ndlovu never showed up and his mobile, that was being tracked by police, went offline leaving Lehanne devastated after coming so close.

Thinking it was ‘all over’, on the anniversary of her aunt’s death, Leanne shared a Facebook post that went viral leading to his arrest.

On July 30, she posted Ndlovu’s photo on Facebook, appealing to South Africans to help her try and find him.

She wrote: ‘Six years ago today this man raped and murdered my aunt Christine Robinson. Andrew Ndlovu is still a free man enjoying his life after taking hers.’ 

The post was shared 70,000 times and within hours Lehanne received a tip-off from a woman in Johannesburg.

 The message read: ‘WhatsApp me please. He’s been working for my dad.’ 

Andrew Ndlovu, 30, was tracked down and was arrested by police in Johannesburg last week. 

Ndlovu reportedly broke down in tears and still insists his link to the murder was ‘a mistake’. 

He is now in custody awaiting a bail hearing next week. 

Retired teacher Christine Robinson, 59, was brutally murdered in 2014 at the 125 acre Rra-Ditau lodge she ran alone in South Africa after the death of her husband.   

Police reports said she was raped and stabbed to death in her bedroom.

She was allegedly attacked after she had drawn out £3,500 to pay staff at the luxury 30 guest lodge.

The prime suspect Andrew Ndlovu, then 24, had vanished on the night of the killing and was thought to have slipped back over the border to his native Zimbabwe but then later returned to South Africa.

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *