British fisherman hit out at Tory MPs over the Brexit fishing problem, saying, “We have been abandoned!”

0

British fisherman hit out at Tory MPs over the Brexit fishing problem, saying, “We have been abandoned!”

Following the failure of Brexit promises, British fisherman have slammed Conservative MPs, accusing them of “abandoning” the business.

Since Prime Minister Boris Johnson signed the Brexit trade deal in December, the National Federation of Fishermen’s Organizations (NFFO) claims that the Tory party’s “most ardent supporters” have gone “extremely silent.”

“Those Conservative MPs who were our most strident supporters were quite quiet about the ramifications of the TCA [trade and cooperation agreement],“ said Barrie Deas, chief executive of the NFFO.

“That is the world to which we must adapt.

“For example, the European Research Group frequently used fishing as a poster kid [for Brexit], but I don’t believe any of them explicitly stated that this is a horrible agreement for fishing.

“They had their sights set on the main prize, which was, of course, the trade agreement.”

Mr Deas went on to say that the fishing industry was “looking forward” to the UK being an independent coastal state, but that they had been sacrificed since then.

“It’s extremely difficult to express how abrupt the industry’s fall from grace was,” he concluded.

“We were kind of the poster child for Brexit in December last year, and we were very much looking forward to a future as an independent coastal state, with very, very solid assurances given by the Prime Minister, Lord Frost, and senior members of the cabinet over control over who fishes in UK waters and escape from the Common Fisheries Policy â and quota shares that reflected our new status quoa shares that reflected our new status quoa shares that reflected our new status quoa shares that reflected our

“And then, starting on Christmas Eve, really, the Government, in an eerie reprise of Ted Heath’s betrayal â as it’s seen in the business â in 1973, where fishing was sacrificed despite all the guarantees and promises,” says the author.

“That agreement was reached in order to guarantee the broader benefits that would come with a trade agreement with the EU.”

The EU was permitted to keep 75% of the value of the fish it now catches in UK seas under the trade deal obtained by Mr Johnson, with the remaining 25% being restored to British fishermen over a transition period until June 2026.

Britain will be able to decrease quotas or reject boats in a 6- to 12-nautical-mile zone starting in 2026.

The United Kingdom has exited the EU’s Common Fisheries Policy, and now we have “Brinkwire Summary News.”

Share.

Leave A Reply