As a parole board votes to release a child sex killer from jail, there is outrage.


As a parole board votes to release a child sex killer from jail, there is outrage.

The mother of a schoolgirl who was raped and murdered by one of the country’s most renowned killers has condemned the decision to let him out of prison.

Colin Pitchfork, the first murderer to be convicted using DNA evidence, will be released soon after the government failed in a last-ditch attempt to keep him in prison. Lynda Mann and Dawn Ashworth, both 15, were raped and strangled by sexual predator Pitchfork in separate crimes in the 1980s. Last month, the Parole Board caused uproar by ruling that the killer, 61, should be released since he is no longer a threat to women and young girls. Robert Buckland, QC, the Justice Secretary, intervened and persuaded the board to overturn the decision.

The application was refused, citing worries about his “ability to manipulate and deceive.”

Dawn’s mother, Barbara Ashworth, described the killer’s release as “disappointing” yesterday.

“I’ve had 33 years of it, and it’s all been said,” Mrs Ashworth continued.

And, as far as I’m concerned, he’ll be out in the open – he can’t affect me any longer.”

South Leicestershire Tory MP Alberto Costa also slammed the decision. “I have done everything I can to prevent Pitchfork from being released,” he stated. My constituents, like myself, and countless others, will be enraged by the decision.” sex on a regular basis

In 1983, Pitchfork, a former baker, murdered Lynda as she was babysitting in Narborough, Leicestershire.

Her body was recovered after her distraught parents and family friends searched for her all night.

Dawn was attacked by Pitchfork three years later while on her way to see a friend in Enderby, a mile from Narborough.

Following Dawn’s assassination, police conducted the world’s first mass DNA test of suspects.

Later, a colleague confessed that Pitchfork had asked him to fill in for him.

Because of previous convictions for indecent exposure, the killer explained that he wished to avoid it.

In 1988, Pitchfork acknowledged to murdering the girls and was sentenced to life in prison at Leicester Crown Court.

“I doubt if he should ever be released,” Lord Lane, the Lord Chief Justice at the time, stated.

Pitchfork, who now goes by a different name, was sentenced to a minimum of 30 years in prison, which was eventually lowered to 28 years after an appeal. In 2017, he was transferred to an open prison.

The decision to liberate the killer was contested by government lawyers on many grounds, including “Brinkwire Summary News.”


Leave A Reply