After the BBC’s Christmas snub, fans have turned on Kate and Prince William, causing a royal crisis.
Following a “terrible row over the documentary,” Prince William and Kate are facing backlash for snubbing the BBC.
In what is thought to be retaliation for the BBC’s new documentary about Prince Harry and Prince William’s tumultuous relationship with the British press, the Royal Family has banned the broadcaster from showing their Christmas carol concert.
Instead, ITV will get the rights.
In the first episode of Princes and the Press, which aired on Monday, it was revealed that Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, briefed against each other during “Megxit.”
“There has been a lot of rumour for a long time that a lot of the most damaging and negative stories about Harry and Meghan that have ended up in the pages of the press have come from the other royal households or from other royal aides or courtiers,” said Omid Scobie, co-author of Finding Freedom.
“I can attest to that from personal experience.”
The royal carol concert will be broadcast on ITV in the days leading up to Christmas, according to an announcement made on Wednesday.
In the early months of December, it will be taped at Westminster Abbey.
ITV sources said they were only made aware of the commission at the end of last week, as contracts were still being negotiated.
“It was unusual for it to come to us this late,” one claimed.
This is why the concert has yet to be officially announced as part of the network’s Christmas schedule.
“It was all set to air on BBC1, but it was switched in the last few days due to the terrible row over the documentary,” a source told The Sun.
“As the national broadcaster, the BBC receives the vast majority of royal programming.
It appears that they will continue to collaborate with ITV in the future.
“And, as the second part of the documentary threatens to go further, things between the Royal Family and the BBC are likely to get a lot worse before they get better.”
The decision to move the show to a different channel has sparked outrage among the royal family, particularly Prince William and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge.
Kate Bevan, a royal commentator, told her 20,000 Twitter followers: “I’m usually fairly agnostic about having a monarchy, and generally of the view that the.
“Brinkwire News in Condensed Form.”