After discovering a caterpillar crawling in her Sainsbury’s sandwich, Mum became ‘physically sick.’


After discovering a caterpillar crawling through her Sainsbury’s sandwich, Mum became ‘physically sick.’

After claiming to have discovered a live caterpillar in her Sainsbury’s sandwich, a mother claimed she felt “physically sick.”

Faye Wood, 27, was halfway through her meal when she allegedly noticed the stomach-churning ingredient crawling around.

She claims she noticed it as she was about to feed some to her two-year-old.

Faye bought the sandwich in the reduced section of Sainsbury’s in Mapperley, Nottingham, on Monday, and the green critter was on the packaging.

According to Nottinghamshire Live, the supermarket behemoth has apologized and is looking into what went wrong.

“When I saw it, I started heaving – I was physically sick,” Faye, an NHS healthcare assistant, explained.

“It was a large caterpillar crawling out of the sandwich and the packaging.”

“I’d never had a problem before, so it came as a shock.”

Following the incident, the single mother from Mapperley has vowed that she will “never buy sandwiches from supermarkets again.”

“When you get home at 7 p.m. after working all day, you don’t really want to cook; all you want is a snack or something,” she continued.

“Sandwiches have never been a problem for me, and I eat them frequently.

“However, this is inexcusable.

“I’ll never buy sandwiches from supermarkets again because it’s turned me off, and I’ll be thinking about it all the time.”

Faye filed a complaint with Sainsbury’s, including a video of the caterpillar crawling on the sandwich wrapper.

“I’m not too concerned about the money because it’s only 54p,” she continued.

“It’s more about educating people about what’s going on and how it can’t be repeated.”

“All we ask is that they double-check everything and wash everything properly.”

“However, I do expect some sort of remuneration.”

“Cases like this are extremely rare because we have processes in place to prevent them,” a Sainsbury’s spokesperson said.

“We’ve reached out to Faye to express our regret for her experience, and we’re working with our supplier to look into it.”


Comments are closed.