After a flesh-eating superbug devoured my face, I had to have two nose jobs.
A SUPERBUG caused a flesh-eating infection that ate away at a grandmother’s face, forcing her to have two nose jobs.
Maria Sholder, 48, has MRSA, an antibiotic-resistant bacteria that can cause a variety of infections.
MRSA can be found on the skin of one out of every 30 people, usually in the nose, armpits, or groin, and it’s thought Maria was a carrier of the bacteria.
In January 2019, she fell and hit her nose on a door handle. She went to the hospital and was given Steri-strips, but her nose became infected.
The NHS worker, who is a mother of three, developed a flesh-eating infection that caused her nose to collapse completely.
“I began to hear a whistling through my nose and wondered, ‘What is that?'” she explained.
“When I first looked, I noticed a small hole, but by the time I saw a doctor, it had grown to the size of a half-penny, and it just kept growing.”
“At some point, it pierced my septum.”
The chasm only widened.
When it was rotting away, the pain was unbearable, and I was crying out in agony.
“It just ate away at the flesh,” says the narrator.
Maria has had two nose operations since then, but it has recently collapsed again, though not as badly as before.
Since then, she’s had a slew of infections, but it wasn’t until October last year that she discovered it was MRSA.
Maria was told that MRSA could lay dormant on her skin for a long time, but that once an open wound occurs, the bacteria enters the body and doctors are unsure where the MRSA is.
“I felt like no one was listening to me because I was always in the hospital,” the grandmother of five explained.
I was just curious as to what was wrong.
I’ve been told it could be a variety of things, including menopause.
When it was rotting away, the pain was unbearable, and I was sobbing in agony.
“I’m always tired; even going to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee is exhausting.”
“Just to keep myself sane, I watch movies and boxsets.”
I’m unable to get out of bed when I’m sick.
“I don’t believe many people consider long-term consequences.”
Maria’s life has been completely enslaved by her deteriorating health, and she has changed her diet to reduce the risk of infection.
MRSA can be spread by touching someone who has it, sharing towels, sheets, and clothes with someone who has it on their skin, or touching surfaces or…
News from the Brinkwire.