A week after being released from the hospital, the Queen, 95, performs her first formal engagement in front of a virtual audience.


A week after being released from the hospital, the Queen, 95, performs her first formal engagement in front of a virtual audience.

THE Queen attended her first official engagement since doctors told her to rest after a health scare.

After Palace staff persuaded Her Majesty, 95, to “hold back” on her “exhausting” schedule, she convened several virtual audiences at Windsor Castle.

Before spending the night in hospital for examinations, the king was forced to abandon a scheduled trip to Northern Ireland.

She was eventually released in “excellent spirits” and stated that she was eager to return to her work.

Her medical staff was thought to have admitted her to King Edward VII hospital in Marylebone on Wednesday out of an abundance of caution.

And the overnight stay, her first in a hospital in eight years, was for medical reasons, not coronavirus.

Since hosting a crowded evening reception for the global investment summit on October 19, the first time the head of state has been seen – although on a computer screen – was today.

She had to cancel her trip to Northern Ireland due to stringent orders to rest, and she was admitted to hospital on October 20 for preliminary tests.

As she met with the ambassador from the Republic of Korea, the Queen wore a yellow gown and her three-strand pearl necklace.

On a computer screen, she was seen smiling as she greeted Gunn Kim, who was dressed in traditional Korean garb, including a gat.

The Medical Household, the monarch’s skilled staff of royal physicians, is looking after her.

She’ll be in Scotland next week as part of a flurry of royal COP26 engagements that includes the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge from November 1 to 5.

The Queen is still listed as attending a reception on November 1 as part of the climate change conference on the royal family’s website.

Following her return from Balmoral, she had a busy schedule of engagements in the first weeks of October, and her hospital stay was kept a secret until it was exposed by The Sun.

During a Westminster Abbey service on October 12, the Queen was seen for the first time using a walking stick at a major engagement.

She was back at her desk, doing light duties, a few days later, on October 21, in “good spirits” after her hospital stay.

However, she was unable to attend a church service in Windsor on Sunday.

The Queen was “knackered,” according to royal sources briefed by The Sunday Times, due to a busy social life and a preference for late night television.

Buckingham Palace refused to say whether the monarch had received her or not… Brinkwire News in a Nutshell


Comments are closed.