A man drowns in the waves off a beach in Wales, causing a tragedy that has been described as “terribly sad and traumatic.”


A man drowns in the waves off a beach in Wales, causing a tragedy that has been described as “terribly sad and traumatic.”

Despite the greatest efforts of the rescue services, a man died on a Welsh beach.

On Friday, emergency personnel were dispatched to Porth Neigwl (Hell’s Mouth), near Abersoch, after reports of three people in trouble in the water. While the family watched, medics battled for more than an hour to resuscitate the man.

It was called at roughly 2.30 p.m., according to HM Coastguard.

The beach is known for its on-shore winds and difficult swimming conditions, and is popular with surfers and water sports enthusiasts, according to a spokesperson. “Coastguard rescue teams from Aberdaron and Abersoch were sent alongside the search and rescue helicopter from Caernarfon, the Welsh Ambulance Service, and North Wales Police.”

Following the incident, one surfer described himself as “terribly upset and emotional.”

Before realizing what was going on, Bryn Dando, 45, filmed the coastguard helicopter landing.

“A swarm of people surrounded someone on their back on the beach,” he claimed.

“Several of us went over with towels to keep him warm while the paramedics from the chopper raced across the beach.

“Other surfers had arrived with their boards, forming a windbreak around him.

“I didn’t want to intrude any longer; I wanted to recede to a polite distance, since his family was clearly distraught,” he added, adding that he was “shocked” to watch people surfing while paramedics battled for the man’s life.

Mr Dando went on to say, “After witnessing CPR for approximately half an hour, you fear the worst.”

“However, the paramedics continued to perform CPR for another hour and ten minutes.

“They kept switching over because they were fatigued.

“It takes a lot of physical work to keep CPR going for that long.

“They tried everything, but he had vanished.

“That’s the first time I’ve ever seen anything like it.

“I just had to go find a quiet corner and have a little cry,” the surfer said. The event spurred him to purchase a buoyancy aid and enroll in a first-aid training, according to the surfer.

“The wind was blowing approximately 20 knots, so surfers offered their towels to keep the man warm,” he explained.

“Another consoled his kid, who was covered in a towel and shivering and crying,” one regular visitor wrote on Facebook following yesterday’s tragedy: “Such powerful rips there.” If you become stuck, swim down the beach rather than into it.”Brinkwire Summary News”.


Comments are closed.