A 23-year-old female DoorDash driver was charged in New York after her widely shared allegations that a nude customer had sexually assaulted her were refuted during a police inquiry.
According to NewsChannel 9, Olivia Henderson entered a not guilty plea in Oswego County Court on Friday following a grand jury’s decision to move forward with felony charges.
Henderson is accused of first-degree transmission of an illegal surveillance image and second-degree unlawful surveillance.
Prosecutors and the defence are negotiating a plea agreement. According to the news outlet, she may spend up to eight years in prison if found guilty on all counts.
The former DoorDash driver was first arrested on November 10 after claiming that on October 12, while delivering an order at a residence in Oswego, which is roughly 45 minutes from Syracuse, she was sexually assaulted by an unidentified customer.
The front door was “wide open” and the man was “indecently exposed” when Henderson arrived at his house that day to deliver the order, according to multiple TikTok videos that Henderson shared following the drop-off.
The male client was allegedly “sleeping on the couch within eyesight of the front door with their pants and knickers pulled down to their ankles”, according to DoorDasher.
After that, the young woman filmed a video of the nude male and shared it on social media, where it received over 30 million views before being removed.
Olivia Henderson, 23, entered a not guilty plea in Oswego County Court on Friday following a grand jury’s decision to proceed with felony charges related to an alleged October 12 incident.
Henderson claimed the man sexually attacked her on October 12 after posting a video of a nude male DoorDash client online. Henderson claims that the man was “indecently exposed” and that his front door was “wide open” when she got to his house that day.
According to the Oswego Police Department, Henderson claimed the next morning that she had been sexually assaulted during the alleged event.
However, the agency stated that when authorities looked into her accusation, they discovered no proof that she had been sexually assaulted.
The customer appeared “incapacitated and unconscious on his couch due to alcohol consumption,” and officers examined the video she made of him and concluded it was recorded from the “exterior” of his house, police said the site.
According to court documents reported by NewsChannel 9, Henderson was charged with “degrading” the victim by photographing “intimate parts of such person at a place and time when such person has a reasonable expectation of privacy, without such person’s knowledge or consent.”
She was previously arraigned in court in December.
Judge Armen Nazarian banned cameras from the courtroom at Henderson’s most recent hearing.
Outside the courthouse, she refused to talk to reporters.
A DoorDash representative cited the company’s October 16 statement when contacted for comment by the Daily Mail in November.
On November 10, the former DoorDash driver was arrested and charged with first-degree transmission of an unlawful surveillance image and second-degree unlawful surveillance.
Henderson is scheduled to return to court in June after the corporation closed her DoorDash account (Stock Image).
Henderson recorded the man in the nude and posted his “personal details publicly,” according to the delivery service.
“In this instance, the Dasher informed us about an experience that made them feel unsafe, and that’s exactly what we always want Dashers to do,” the statement said. “No one should ever have to experience sexual assault, harassment, or abuse, and DoorDash never deactivates someone for reporting it – full stop.”However, it is obviously against our regulations to upload a video of a client in their house and reveal their personal information to the world. It went on, “That is the only reason this Dasher’s account and the customer’s were deactivated while we investigated.”
Henderson’s charges permit her to stay out of jail while the case is ongoing, according to NewsChannel 9.
It is anticipated that she will return to court in June.