A 16-year-old boy was stabbed to death just days after the Metropolitan Police Department seized 290 knives.


Days after Met Police seized 290 knives, a 16-year-old boy was stabbed to death.

A 16-YEAR-OLD BOY was killed by a knife less than a week after the Metropolitan Police Department removed 290 knives from the streets.

Following a fatal stabbing in Hounslow, west London, yesterday, a murder investigation is underway.

On Wednesday, November 24, at 9:07 p.m., police were dispatched to Raleigh Road in response to reports of a stabbing.

This year, around 30 teenagers have been murdered in the capital.

“Officers were present, as were paramedics from London Ambulance Service,” a Met Police spokesman said.

“Stab wounds were discovered on a male, believed to be 16 years old.”

“Despite the efforts of emergency personnel, he died a short time later at the scene.”

“His family has been notified, and formal identification is pending.”

“The Specialist Crime homicide detectives have been notified.”

“There have been no arrests, and the investigation is still ongoing.”

As part of Operation Sceptre, a national initiative against knife crime, the force seized 290 knives and arrested 937 people from Monday, November 15 to Sunday, November 21.

Anyone with information that could help the police is asked to call 101 or tweet @MetCC with the code CAD 720024Nov in the subject line.

Alternatively, call Crimestoppers, an independent charity, anonymously on 0800 555 111.

One week after the murder of 14-year-old Jermaine Cools in Croydon, police are appealing for information.

Police were called to London Road, near West Croydon Railway Station, at 6.41pm on Thursday, November 18 to reports of a fight involving several people.

Officers were dispatched, but no suspects or victims were discovered.

After a 14-year-old boy self-presented with stab wounds, police arrived at a south London hospital shortly after 7pm.

Despite the best efforts of the hospital’s doctors, the boy died a short time later.

Jermaine Cools, a 14-year-old boy, was later identified as the victim.

Jermaine died as a result of multiple stab wounds, according to a post-mortem.

There have been no arrests, and the investigation is still ongoing.

“We know that this was a murder that occurred in a public place during a busy, commuter time, and people will have witnessed Jermaine being attacked,” Detective Chief Inspector Richard Vandenbergh of the Met’s Specialist Crime Command said.

“I’m asking anyone who was in the area last Thursday to think back.”

“Did you see anything that might help police find the people responsible for Jermaine’s murder if you were at or passing by the station around 6.40pm?”

“Jermaine was a key player.

“Brinkwire News in Condensed Form.”


Comments are closed.