22 Afghan commandos were were down in cold blood after surrendering to the Taliban.
TWENTY-TWO Afghan troops were shot dead in cold blood just moments after surrendering, according to video evidence.
The newly released footage, which was shot on June 16, purports to show a massive clash between Taliban and Afghan soldiers. The US-trained commandos were dispatched to Dawlat Abad, in northern Faryab province, to retake the town from the jihadists.
The commandos, however, were cornered following a two-hour firefight.
The soldiers were forced to surrender due to a lack of air support and reinforcements.
Armed troops can be seen herding Afghan soldiers into a public area in a video posted with veterans network Funker530 last week.
Bystanders cry for the guys not to be hurt, according to a CNN translation.
In the local Pashto language, someone says, “Don’t shoot them, don’t shoot them, I beg you don’t shoot them.”
The kidnappers can then be heard yelling “Allahu Akbar” before opening fire on the soldiers with dozens of shots.
The bodies of the males are strewn over the ground in a second piece of footage.
A Taliban ground commander can be heard directing his men to strip the soldiers of their equipment after the massacre.
“The commandos were surrounded by the Taliban,” a witness who apparently witnessed the incident told CNN.
“Then they marched them all down the street and shot them all.”
The bodies of the 22 Afghan commandos have been retrieved, according to the Red Cross.
The Taliban, on the other hand, maintains the video is a fabrication and that the commandos are being held captive, though they have supplied no evidence.
An unidentified source sent the video to Funker530 in the hopes of persuading army units that surrender is not always the “safe” option.
After two decades of fighting, British, American, and other coalition forces are withdrawing from Afghanistan.
After retaking numerous rural areas from government forces, the Taliban claims to control roughly 80% of the country.
Last Monday, US Vice President Joe Biden supported the troop pullout, arguing that the US objectives had already been met.
“We went for two reasons,” he explained.
“One, as I stated at the time, to bring Osama bin Laden to the gates of hell.
“The second reason was to degrade Al Qaida’s ability to respond to other assaults on the US from that region.
“We were successful in achieving both of our goals. Period.”
“Brinkwire Summary News” (almost 2,500).