Brisbane is at risk of losing its fourth test as India is disappointed with the Covid rules

0

Players are allegedly worried about mental exhaustion if they are put in hotel rooms.

Cricket Australia says that the Indian FA has not approached to raise questions about players traveling for the fourth test to Brisbane if it suggests that they are restricted to hotel rooms while not playing or practicing. After reports in News Corp and Indian publication Cricbuzz said visitors would not travel to Queensland if strict quarantine procedures were in place, the Gabba appears to be in danger of losing the fourth test. The news comes as the Indian Cricket Control Board and CA investigate a possible violation of biosecurity involving many isolated Indian players. Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant, Shubman Gill, Prithvi Shaw and Navdeep Saini were seen sitting at a table in a Melbourne restaurant on New Year’s Day in a video posted on Navaldeep Singh’s Twitter account. On Friday, Singh said he paid the table bill and then hugged Pant, although he claimed there was no hug on Saturday and the players kept their distance. The four-test series between Australia and India is being played against a backdrop of biosecurity rules that will become tougher on Monday when the teams travel to Sydney. Players and employees will be permitted to leave the hotel, but will have to dine outside. India cricket board investigates potential breach of biosecurity by Melbourne playersRead moreThe current fears of the BCCI are reportedly about the mental exhaustion of players if they face more restrictions in a state that has closed its border with New South Wales in response to the Sydney outbreak of Covid 19. The view in India, according to the report, is that they should be viewed as members of the public once players have completed their 14-day harsh quarantine upon entering Australia. The Australian team, which is staying in the same Melbourne hotel as its opponents and will travel to Sydney on Monday to prepare for the third test, which starts on Jan. 7, is believed to be subject to the same restrictions. This latest hurdle could support the SCG, which officially retained the test only four days ago, having previously announced that it is ready and capable of hosting the fourth test, scheduled to begin on January 15, should the need arise. Under current plans, the CA has repeatedly expressed its intention to host the remainder of the programme, but has also stressed its willingness to adjust to border closures and constraints, as was the case when the MCG prepared a new pitch when the Sydney Test was in doubt as a stopgap. The NSW government faced increasing pressure to exclude fans from the Sydney test, including Opposition Leader Jodi McKay and President Omar Khorshid of the Australian Medical Association, who cautioned that it might “accelerate the spread of Covid-19.” On Saturday, Premier Gladys Berejiklian defended the fact that masks at the venue would be advised, but not needed, but said fans would understand if. Acting Premier John Barilaro said on Sunday that everyone from the Berala cluster area and “the wider Cumberland area” could rethink their attendance and suggested that in the coming days, NSW Health and the government might drive the issue further. Barilaro also said it was “up to the Queensland government” to determine if the Brisbane test will be further jeopardized by suspected bladder injuries by Indian players. “If we want to have an additional test after [the third test]because the injuries have happened, that’s up to the Queensland government,” Barilaro said. If after [the third test]we want to have an additional test, that’s up to the government of Queensland.

And we will host the test here in NSW. “Now if those violations have affected the conditions that the Queensland government has requested for the Indian cricket team or both cricket teams, that’s something that the Queensland government has to make a decision on.”

Share.

Leave A Reply