How to get an extra £900 in council tax relief


How to get an extra £900 in council tax relief

MILLIONS of Britons could be missing out on hundreds of pounds in tax relief; here’s how to get it.

If you have a low income, you may be eligible for a council tax reduction. Many Britons have struggled financially as a result of the pandemic, and if you require further financial assistance to pay your bills, you may be eligible for this tax relief.

Many councils were struggling with a loss of income due to the Covid situation, so the Treasury authorized them to boost council tax bills in last year’s expenditure review.

With thousands of homes facing a hefty 5% increase in their council tax bills in April, this extra help could be critical for many.

This tax rebate might be missed by nearly three million Britons.

According to the organization Turn2us, 2.77 million Britons are missing out on crucial help.

This, they claim, corresponds to a whopping £2.6 billion in debt relief.

If you receive benefits such as Universal Credit or have a low income, you may be eligible for a reduction in your council tax charge.

Those who qualify could get up to 100% off their council tax.

Your earnings, family income, the number of children you have and the number of persons in your home, your residency status, and whether or not you are claiming benefits are all factors that determine how much you can claim.

Even if you aren’t on a low income or receiving benefits, you may be eligible for a tax cut, so it’s worth looking into.

According to Turn2us, claimants are missing out on an average of £938.

This is the most prevalent benefit that Britons are missing out on, according to the charity.

However, because each council has its own support program, this figure will vary.

This could mean that, depending on your location, you may be able to claim even more or less.

You’ll need to fill out an application on You can find out if you are eligible and how much of a discount you can get by checking online.

To apply, you’ll need your National Insurance card, bank statements, a recent payslip or a letter from the Jobcentre or Tax Credits that shows your NI number, as well as a passport or driver’s license.

You may be required to provide additional documentation. “Brinkwire News in Condensed Form.”


Leave A Reply